Welcome To Morgan Vale!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome To Morgan Vale!

Postby fumanstu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:51 am

Tidake - Cleric

Tidake appears to be listening intently, not really paying attention to the conversation. He glances round, his face grim, "I think we'd better move, quickly. This ledge isn't going to hold when the mine goes, I don't fancy coming all this way, just to get buried under a ton of rock." He begins edging away, attempting to usher anyone and everyone back down.
fumanstu

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm

The wizard, glancing at the approaching flying creature, then back at you says with a thin smile:
"Well met, Marcus of Torm. And Mister Barcel and Dutybound." He scans all of you, and you can detect a hint of pleasant amusement at your motely band. "I have received word of your mission from a mutual benefactor, and have been tasked to assist you, as this is in the interest of the City." He glances at Tidake and his smile turns to a serious expression. "I believe your dwarven comrade is right. This position is dangerous. Let's remove ourselves to the bottom of the hill, shall we?"

As the words leave his lips, Han finishes his chant, and he nods at the now radiantly glowing symbol of Tymora, and he tosses it into the mine opening, which is now rumbling and producing great clouds of dust. Without missing a beat, he glances at you all and starts running past you, down the slope, armor and weapons clanking and banging as he runs.

I assume you will all head down the slope. Buck assists Marcus, along with Sam and Max, who all help to hoist Edwin to safety. Han leads the way, Tidake close behind, and you head toward the general direction of the secret exit you came out from the manor at. As you are running, Grinkle says between huffs and puffs "What happened to the flying thing?" And you notice the flying creature is no longer in the sky nearby....
By the time you make it toward the bottom of the hill, the Waterdhavian Cavalry is about 100 feet away and slowing down, and the hill above you is bucking and belching clouds of dust, small rocks and waves of dirt are cascading down the hill. As this is happening, you do see a large handful of humanoid shapes coming out of the mine opening, but the exact number is lost in the dust. The path you ran down is no longer intact, so it's unclear how these things could come down to you, so you are safe for the moment, and it is clear that the mine will collapse within the next round or two, barring a miracle.

Actions?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Marcus pauses and uses his Detect Evil ability on their new companion. Then high-tails it down the slope with the others.

He points to the incoming flying beast and asks, Is he with you?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:48 pm

The mage does not detect as evil. He smiles at your question and says "Forgive me, my name is Victor Radcliffe. I am here on behalf of the Lords of Waterdeep. And no, that thing is not with me. I'd suspect that would be one of Bane's lackeys, coming to see what's going on. I'll deal with him, you gentlemen can focus on assisting my men in cleaning up any vermin that make it down the hill, if you don't mind." He winks at Marcus and says "A fine job you've done here. We'll chat when this is finished." And he starts to pace about, looking skyward. As he does, the cavalry comes to a halt next to you.

I'll pause for any other actions before I detail the cavalry and their actions.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus smiles. Well met, Victor.

Then turning to his companions he says loudly, Dutybound, let's help these men in their righteous quest! We will stand hillside to destroy any agents of Bane that make it through. Vanguard formation, please! Dak, take the head of the V with me! He loads his crossbow and gets in position.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Nahin - Elf

This is indeed a strange turn of events... by the look of it we may not be out of the thick of this!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:36 am

Rory loads his crossbow, then assumes his position in the vanguard. Having run afoul of the law in Waterhaven, he attempts to avoid eye contact with Victor, just in case he's recognized.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kjc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:30 am

Jayce - Fighter
Jayce takes up position.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby fumanstu » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:08 am

Tidake - Cleric

Tidake prepares himself and takes up position as requested.
fumanstu

Postby badams30 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:41 pm

We are just about at the end of this one - a couple more rounds and we should be finished. I promise to pick it up - so because this has been slow, It may take a couple of rounds to get it moving again. If you miss a post, it won't be the end of the world.

The Waterdhavian guard dismount, led by an imposing man in blue plate armor. He nods at you all and says (mainly directed at Marcus) "Hope you are all okay. We can handle these things if you wish, or you are welcome to assist us. Please, be careful." With that, he lowers the visor on his helm and barks out commands of dismount to his men. They form a skirmish line at the foot of the collapsed hill and prepare to face the onslaught of undead, which appears to be about 15-20 at the most. They are shambling/stumbling and trying to make their way down the hill - the sight is rather comical, despite the serious nature of the dead guys themselves.

The mage, Victor, has disappeared.

I'll assume you form up as Marcus has instructed, and prepare to face whatever dead make their way down. It' basically a crapshoot, as the dead fall/stumble into the ranks of your line. I'll likely handle the combat in one mass turn, if that's okay with you - there isn't much danger to be had. Does anyone NOT wish to engage undead? (Myra and Edwin do not engage the dead, but the rest of your NPCs do)

I'll give you till later today to reply, then I'll carry on.
Once this is over, we'll be starting back to civilization, so get ready. New stuff is afoot, and certain level advancement is to be had...
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure