Greetings from the North

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Greetings from the North

Postby Elrik » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Hello All,

I have been puttering with LL for about a two years now and enjoying returning to my youth. Thought I would start to pester the community and see what sort of people are just like me =-)

I live in Northern Ontario, and have been gaming since I was 10. Winters are long. My first character was a fighter with a two handed sword. Lasted maybe long enough to enter the dungeon. Fell in love with it on that spot and have been gaming ever since.

In the last 2 years I have made an effort to return to the Old School Understanding, trying to find some of the skills I lost as a GM and Player. It has been a very interesting, if not stormy ride. I have relearned so much. Culled the waste and replanted core ideals and tales. All this started with LL.

Thanks and have a great day. I am running LL with my boys this afternoon.

Elrik

PS: Does anyone have some room in their LL PBP Game? <thanks!>
Last edited by Elrik on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrik
The Bastard
Elrik

Re: Greetings fromt the North

Postby The Lizard of Oz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Welcome to the boards man. Glad to see the hobby getting passed on to a younger generation as it really is a kickass way to have family time.
No man is more dangerous than one convinced of his own moral superiority.
The Lizard of Oz

Re: Greetings from the North

Postby Elrik » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks!

My kids are naturals! They already know everything, just ask them... =-)
Elrik
The Bastard
Elrik

Postby grimshwiz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Welcome! I am also from Ontario and new here!
"We used to joke about an infinitely tall Homer Simpson coming along and eating the donut-shaped city of Sigil." -- Cadriel
grimshwiz

Postby sonofotho » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:44 am

Hey Elrik - just sent you a PM
Running the Stonehell LL sandbox game
Ran the Yendo LL AEC sandbox game (on hiatus....for now)
sonofotho

Postby Elrik » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks grimshwiz! I have never been to Collingwood. My wife says its a lovely place.
Elrik
The Bastard
Elrik

Postby Elrik » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Hey sonofotho,

I got your message, and would love to! Working on Posts to get my message ability =-)

Looks like you took a some time to get things organized and clear.
Elrik
The Bastard
Elrik

Postby grimshwiz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:30 am

Elrik wrote:Thanks grimshwiz! I have never been to Collingwood. My wife says its a lovely place.

It is if you don't live there! I am actually living in Meaford (35 minutes) north of Collingwood now. Just going to Collingwood to visit my mom who is sadly dying, and play some Labyrinth Lord or B/X when I have free time.
"We used to joke about an infinitely tall Homer Simpson coming along and eating the donut-shaped city of Sigil." -- Cadriel
grimshwiz

Postby Eanwulfe » Tue May 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Hey there Elrik. Good day to everyone else. Although not as far north as Elrik I am in from the great white north as well, eh. I do know where Collingwood and Meaford are and have been to both although not since I was young. About 30 years ago I guess. As for gaming I somewhat lean towards Elriks feelings of returning to "old school" gaming. Still that being said, I think the answer is somewhere in the middle for a true tabletop game. For pbp though maybe the answer is "old school" gaming. I've tried pbp for a couple years now and find that things get bogged down easily by even simple complications. Good luck to everyone.
Eanwulfe

Postby Eanwulfe » Tue May 29, 2012 7:36 pm

I just figured out that I do not have a high enough ranking to send a PM. So I would like to respectively ask sonofotho if I might join in the Yendo game. Elrik and I have gamed together our whole gaming carreers. However one of us is almost always GM... This is a chance for us to both play in game at the same time. I understand if you for any reason do not wish me to join. Let me know. Thanks and good luck.
Eanwulfe

Return to Open Discussion