Uprooted - A Mutant Plant PbP game

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Uprooted - A Mutant Plant PbP game

Postby Justin S. Davis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm definitely interested, and I'll get a character rolled up tonight.
Consult A Field Guide To Doomsday, for all your mutant monster needs!

http://afieldguidetodoomsday.blogspot.com/
Justin S. Davis

Postby Thakazum » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 pm

I think we'll go ahead and get started next week if you guys want to roll up your characters between now and Tuesday. I'm going to be on a camping trip Sat and Sun so won't be available for feedback but can hit the ground running Monday.
Thakazum

Postby Justin S. Davis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Here's my character. My mutation rolls were ridiculous, so I'd understand if you want to tone them down.

Character Name: Chuxxus
Character Type: Mutant Plant
Alignment: Neutral
Hit Points: 39

Ancestral Stock: Cobra Lily

Abilities
Strength: 14 (+1 melee To Hit, melee damage, and forcing doors)
Dexterity: 8 (+1 AC penalty, -1 missile To Hit, -1 Initiative)
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 8
Willpower: 10 + 4 = 14
Charisma: 9 (4 retainers, 7 retainer morale)

Mutations
) Carnivore (7 mouths)
) Dermal Poison Sap (Class 8)
) Echolocation
) Increased Willpower (+4 WIL, +10% Technology Rolls)
) Mental Barrier (foes have -4 penalty with Mental Attacks)
) Prey Scent [D]
) Ultraviolet Vision

Gold/Equipment
Club (1d4 Damage) (3gp)
Light Crossbow w/ 20 Quarrels (1d6 damage) (18gp)
Bark/Hide Armor w/ Shield (7 AC) (15gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Crowbar (2gp)
5 Waterskins (5gp)
Grappling Hook + 50' Silk Rope (11gp)
Flint and Steel (1gp)
5 Large Sacks (1gp)
62 GP remaining

Appearance/Personality
Chuxxus, a plant of many mouths but few words, is the ideal militia grunt: he follows orders (the most typical being, "Scout ahead!" and "Bite that!") without complaint, and lacks the ambition to climb the ranks. Left to his own devices, he would spend his days just eating and lounging in the sun.

Chuxxus is a swirling collective of carnivorous, forked leaf-tubes, and his multiple "heads" make him atypically resistant to Mental-based attacks.
Last edited by Justin S. Davis on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Consult A Field Guide To Doomsday, for all your mutant monster needs!

http://afieldguidetodoomsday.blogspot.com/
Justin S. Davis

Postby Thakazum » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Just anything from the standard list. Keep in mind that you will be starting in the middle of action as the city's fortified area is being overrun with enemies.

You did get pretty lucky with those mutations! Just keep them.
Thakazum

Postby Thakazum » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 am

Alright, I'm gone for the weekend. We'll shoot for this coming week to start play.
Thakazum

Postby Thakazum » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm

We've got a forum going now, at the bottom of the PbP list. We can get started as soon as everyone's ready with their characters.
Thakazum

Postby Adapt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Shump
Type: Mutant Plant

Abilities
Strength: 15 ( +2 to hit, damage, and forcing doors)
Dexterity: 13 (-1 AC, +1 Missile Attack, +1 Optional Initiative Modifier)
Constitution: 14 ( +1 on Saving Throws Versus Radiation)
Intelligence: 7 (-5% Technology roll modifier)
Willpower: 11
Charisma: 9 (4 max retainers, 7 retainer morale )
( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3097783/ )

HP: [5,5,2,1,6,3,2,2,2,4,1,4,3,2] = 42
( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3097793/ )

Mutations

(2 Plant)

Dermal Poison Sap: The sap of the plant is poisonous to creatures that come in
contact with it or ingest it. The poison effects should be determined with a roll on the poison table. ( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3097798/ ) Poison Class 7 (7d6 damage, save for Half damage).

Flight: The plant has developed some way of coasting on strong winds and, if the plant is intelligent, it may have actual winged flight. The method of flight is up to the ML. Perhaps the plant has grown special cupped leaves or a series of light tubules that make it structurally capable of flight. For winged flight by modified leaves, see complete wing development for movement. Otherwise, the plant’s movement rate will be heavily dependent on wind speeds.

(1 physical, 1 mental http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3097789/ and http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3097790/ )

Quickness: This mutation makes the mutant much quicker in all respects. Movement speed is doubled, mental tasks take half as long to accomplish, and the character may attack two times per round in physical combat (not mental combat).

Damage Turning: This mutation allows the character to return any incoming damage to the origin of the attack. For this power to work the mutant must use every bit of his concentration, taking no other actions. Any movement of more than one or two small steps will cause this power to fail.

The power gradually builds up, allowing 3d6 hp worth of damage to be turned the first round. This increases by 1d6 per round up to a maximum of 20d6 hp worth of damage. The mutant only takes damage that is above his current hp level of damage turning. For instance, in the first round the character rolls 3d6, with a result of 14. He may turn up to 14 hp of damage the first round. The next round he adds 1d6 to the current running total of 14. He can keep the power working as long as he remains still and concentrating, and he may maintain concentration when
he receives damage. The mutant cannot turn attacks that cause no damage. If such powers are successful, they can interfere with this ability.

Wealth and Equipment

Starting Wealth: 50 gp
( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3097796/ )

Description

Shump is a large, thick-stemmed mutant shrubbery. It is unclear what his species of origin is - perhaps an oleander bush or poison oak. Little is known of his background, aside from the fact that he shambled into town a couple of years ago, the apparently lone survivor of a tribe of nomadic bushes. Since his arrival in Root, it has been alleged that he does contract work for the Xix. If it were up to him, he would align himself fully with the crime family, but since he is not a cactus his chances of gaining a foothold in their organization are slim to none.

Shump loves a good fight, and the only thing that has kept him from joining the militia is his frequently overzealous application of violence. He has particular difficulty following orders that involve peaceful discussion, retreat, or taking prisoners. Despite his often reckless aggression, he is a loyal friend and can sometimes control his violent tendencies when it is absolutely imperative. Sometimes.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Adapt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:13 pm

re: Shump

I need your feedback on his Flight mutation. I'm not sure which direction you would like me to go with that one.

Also, I still need to pick his equipment. I was going to ask you about that but I see from your other post that anything form the standard list is okay. I'll get that done later today.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby Thakazum » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 pm

It looks great. I will leave it up to you on the flavor of the flying mutation. If it sounds too outrageous, we can discuss, but don't let me hold you back.
Thakazum

Previous

Return to Mutant Future