Interlude

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude

Postby Tamerlaine » Tue May 31, 2016 4:07 am

Bror - Dwarven Fighter

"Urr, no, I haven't," Bror says in reply to Calthas. He puffs o his pipe a little more, clearly thinking. "Ye donnae think he's up t' mischief, do ye? Blast, ye donnae think he stayed behind at t' Temple?" he adds.
Tamerlaine

Postby Spanningtree » Tue May 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Tavin - Monk

I did not see Caydon... man of the shadows. He may have found himself some trouble in the dungeon. We should get back?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:24 am

As you discuss what could have happened to your companion, the Wench's door slams open and a large man covered in furs enters, followed by a group of others of various sizes and races. Ostler says, Vallendar, it's good to see you. As luck would have it, these are the adventurers I told you about. They might have goods for trade!

Vallendar replies, You have goods? My caravan is right outside. I say we trade. The trading post has a stick stuck somewhere deep and dark and I can't sell nothing to him. May as well be in Nulb!
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:53 am

CALMERT: Cleric

All rested and energized, greets the caravanteers and introduces himself. He then hurries outside to see their wares.

OOC: Given Calmert's current weapon, armor, and gear - he looks for anything useful for a Cleric.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kwll » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Calthas will also get up and have an interested look at what is available for sale from the caravan.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:15 pm

connivingsumo wrote:CALMERT: Cleric

All rested and energized, greets the caravanteers and introduces himself. He then hurries outside to see their wares.

OOC: Given Calmert's current weapon, armor, and gear - he looks for anything useful for a Cleric.

Check out that Romag guy's stuff in the loot thread, he had a magic mace, I don't think anyone claimed it.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:03 pm

Vallendar says, We have nearly any piece of equipment you desire. We just came in from Verbobonc and we've been doing more buying than selling on the way. You can have just about anything but the fish -- those barrels are specifically for Ostler.

As adventurers, I'm guessing you've encountered some pieces blessed, cursed, or otherwise imbued with magic. We've got a few sages here who can help identify what those are. They also will help me price pieces from antiquity (and to spot the fakes).

The caravan has nearly anything from the LL or AEC equipment lists for sale (other than livestock, land, and water transport). They have no potions or scrolls and no magic items at this time.

They can trade gems for gold, and vice versa, and can identify magic items for 200gp. I feel no need to role play these transactions, so let me know what you're buying, selling, trading and also let me know what items (if any) you wish identified.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thuwin will offer to show the non-magic equipment to the merchant, maybe he can give us a price for all the stuff.

Also - I think we need to get the rope identified, and Romag's mace and chain? Plus the two potions. Missing anything? Do we have these ID'ed and cost taken from the loot?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:03 pm

For 2 fine bows, 2 maces, 3 hand axes, 1 battle axe, 10 morning stars, 2 shortswords, 1 broadsword, 9 spears, 6 longswords, Plate mail, 5 suits chain mail, and one quart of excellent brandy (when asked about the oil and arrows, Vallendar replies, Your types are usually trying to buy that off me, not sell it. I'd think you'd need oil and arrows to kill orcs and such. You might want to double check that you don't need them first...) he offers 600 GP for the lot, or alternately, will trade identification off all magic items for the lot, whichever you'd prefer.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:56 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances at the others and says "Identifying the magics seems a fair trade, don't you all think?"
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk