Other Aliens/Races you would like to see?

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

Re: Other Aliens/Races you would like to see?

Postby gentleman john » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Now - what about Andromedans?
gentleman john

Postby BattleBrotherBob » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Never really thought of them. THe darn PA panels were to much work that nobody really played them, :D

I also forgot about Neo Tholians and Seltorians, and the ISC. Lots to dig into in that universe. LOTS. :lol:
BattleBrotherBob

Postby Kathulos » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:56 pm

For myself, I think that outside of the Kzin, I'm going to avoid using too much from SFB. This is Starships and Spacemen. Not Prime Directive. That will not prevent me from snatching up any write ups that appear on the forums, but I think I want to take my setting in a little less military direction.
So I'm going to be looking in different directions for my extra races, both for PC's and NPC's. One thing I will be doing is searching the John Carter series for races and creatures, along with The Lensman series, and a few 70's and 60's sci-fi, and fantasy.
Also, I'll likely being adding a few "cosmetic" aliens. Races that will be nominally humans, but with a few changes taken from the forehead, pigmentation, and ear shap tables. My justification being that these races were originally from Earth, but transplanted back when humanity was still in the Stone Age.
Kathulos

Postby BattleBrotherBob » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 am

All good ideas. I like the SFB universe and I have people who I play Fed Com with that I can suck into playing this with. Easier to suck them in with. Hahaha. I was kind of thinking of taking it in an Exploritory vein. Just using the universe and those aliens as a base line. Even in that universe there is a lot of undefined areas and "aliens" to use. Heck we have 100 foreheads to use.

I can see the value in mining John Carter or the Lensman series too. I can see lots of possiablities out there. Heck "The High Crusade" by Poul Anderson alone would have enough in it to keep one playing for a long time.
BattleBrotherBob

Postby Kathulos » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:52 am

BattleBrotherBob wrote: Heck "The High Crusade" by Poul Anderson alone would have enough in it to keep one playing for a long time.

Thanks for mentioning that! It's going on my re-reading list.
IIRC, there were several races that should translate quite well to S&S.
Kathulos

Previous

Return to Starships & Spacemen