LL play-by-post: The Sarcophagus Legion (Full)

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

LL play-by-post: The Sarcophagus Legion (Full)

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:12 am

Seeking 6 players able to post every three days, more often if desired. We'll use basic LL rules, and characters start at level two. I'll come clean: I'm a first-time pbp DM, and I'm looking for players interested in creating a great story. Here's how it starts:

Sultan Mehmet rules his kingdom with absolute power. But the nomads who roam the trackless wastes of the desert recognize no authority greater than their tribal warlords, attacking instruments of the Sultan’s rule whenever possible.

Five days ago, Sultan Mehmet’s beautiful wife Syriana fell into the grasp of the nomads when the caravan she was traveling with came under attack. Her desperate and humiliated husband looks to you to bring her back safe and unharmed.

Will you? Respond here or PM me if interested.
Last edited by tumblingdice on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: LL play-by-post: The Sarcophagus Legion

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:27 am

I would like to sign up!! :D

I'll play any class/race/alignment that is needed. If you prefer, we can see how the group forms & I can fill in whatever class is needed?

Just for clarification - we're using LL Core Rules only, not AEC.

Cheers! :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:50 am

I'm up for it.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:19 pm

connivingsumo wrote:Just for clarification - we're using LL Core Rules only, not AEC.

Yes, we'll be using just the Core Rules. Character generation will be 4d6 minus lowest roll, any order; no need to show me the dice rolls. Maximum hit points for 1st level, but please roll for 2nd level. Starting gold allowance will be 400 gp. Pick whatever spells you like, as appropriate for your level. I'll assign a few magic items once we've established the character roster.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby OldSchool » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:40 am

I'm game.
OldSchool

Postby kipper » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 am

I, too, would like to join. My character would probably be a MU or a Halfling.
kipper

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 am

kipper wrote:I, too, would like to join. My character would probably be a MU or a Halfling.

KIPPER!!!!!!??!!!!...

I hope you are doing well, yes??? I assume you are if you have the time/energy to post with us here?

So, so good to see you!! :D

Cheers, my friend! :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks, OldSchool. Glad to have you with us.

Good to hear from you, Kipper! Just the other day I was wondering how you were doing. How are you doing?

Well, we have four so far. Two more and we have a party. High school wisdom states that it isn't really a party until something breaks, but there's time yet. :D
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:44 pm

tumblingdice wrote: ...High school wisdom states that it isn't really a party until something breaks, but there's time yet. :D

LOL :lol:

connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Welcome back Kip! Always good to see a friendly face.

So let's get to the dungeon and start breakin' stuff!
greyarea

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings