Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 Night's Dark Terror (FULL)

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 - Night's Dark Terror -

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:55 pm

tumblingdice wrote:We have room for another player, and we'll work your character into the story in a way that makes sense. Same rules, posting time frames, and starting levels as stated previously. Please respond here or PM me if interested.

What class are you looking for?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Re: Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 - Night's Dark Terror -

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:08 am

connivingsumo wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:We have room for another player, and we'll work your character into the story in a way that makes sense. Same rules, posting time frames, and starting levels as stated previously. Please respond here or PM me if interested.

What class are you looking for?

After discussing it with the group, we decided to leave class selection up to the new player. That said, if you want an idea of existing party composition, we have:

2 fighters (1 human, 1 dwarf)
2 thieves
1 magic-user
1 cleric
1 halfling
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 Night's Dark Terror (FU

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 am

We have a new player. Recruitment closed for now.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:27 am

We have need for one more player. Any class except for a magic-user would be helpful, though an elf would be fine. Here's the original plug:

Barely one day's march from Kelven, the uncharted tracts of the Dymrak forest conceal horrors enough to freeze the blood of civilized folk. Those who have ventured there tell how death comes quick to the unwary--for the woods at night are far worse than any dungeon.

But you are adventurers, veterans of many battles, and the call of the wild is strong. Will you answer the call, or are you afraid of the dark terrors of the night?

Posting time-frame every 2-3 days, though players usually respond within 1-2. Use LL core rules; character generation will be 4d6 minus lowest roll, any order. Starting XP will be 5,001, giving us a range of levels from 2 to 4; maximum hit points at first level, roll for subsequent levels. Starting gold, equipment, and magic items will be determined later.

This module is actually a small campaign, set in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos, and comprised of several wilderness, dungeon and town adventures. Not everyone who starts may end up finishing. No problem. The plot is flexible enough to accommodate this, and the setting is populated just enough to allow for easy character (and player) entrances and exits.

Respond here if interested. No need to post completed characters yet.
tumblingdice

Re: Labyrinth Lord play-by-post: B10 Night's Dark Terror

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi tumblingdice. I would be interested in (re) joining if that was Ok.

I believe my halfling from the beginning has perished. I understand the basic jist of what is going on. I was thinking of a (human) fighter. An older veteran with a bald head

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Scalydemon, you're in!

You and Blood axe make two. Recruiting closed for now.
tumblingdice

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Thank you. Where is the info you had on the cities/areas to choose our background?

I can't seem to find it thanks

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:29 pm

I'll PM it to you.
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 pm

We have need for one or two more players. Right now we have a fighter, a dwarf, a thief, and a wizard. Our cleric just got killed by a dire wolf.

Here's the original plug:

Barely one day's march from Kelven, the uncharted tracts of the Dymrak forest conceal horrors enough to freeze the blood of civilized folk. Those who have ventured there tell how death comes quick to the unwary--for the woods at night are far worse than any dungeon.

But you are adventurers, veterans of many battles, and the call of the wild is strong. Will you answer the call, or are you afraid of the dark terrors of the night?

Posting time-frame every 2-3 days, though players usually respond within 1-2. Use LL core rules; character generation will be 4d6 minus lowest roll, any order. Starting XP will be 5,001, giving us a range of levels from 2 to 4; maximum hit points at first level, roll for subsequent levels. Starting gold, equipment, and magic items will be determined later.

This module is a campaign in itself, set in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos, and comprised of several wilderness, dungeon and town adventures. Not everyone who starts may end up finishing. No problem. The plot is flexible enough to accommodate this, and the setting is populated just enough to allow for easy character (and player) entrances and exits.

Respond here if interested.
tumblingdice

Postby kwll » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:40 am

I am interested. If I am accepted, I will probably play a cleric. Do you use a dice roller?
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings