all is good now

For discussion of the zombie survival horror game.

all is good now

Postby Kingzombie2112 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:56 am

I am extremely happy seeing someone do something with the pacesetter system. Finally! the best system is back in production. now, only If chill was being redone by a compentant group like...say... Goblinoid games using the original pacesetter rules again..then and only then will I be a happy camper..

BTW - been a chill player since 1986
Kingzombie2112

Re: all is good now

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Welcome! I love the system too, and plan to release more games using it. I'd love to own CHILL but unfortunately, from what I've gathered from others, the rights are a mess--possibly spread between three different parties. However, a new horror game using the same system isn't out of the question.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby sniderman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:Welcome! I love the system too, and plan to release more games using it. I'd love to own CHILL but unfortunately, from what I've gathered from others, the rights are a mess--possibly spread between three different parties. However, a new horror game using the same system isn't out of the question.

From a post I made a while ago in the "Chill 1e?" thread elsewhere in the forums:

If you're looking for a Pacesetter horror game setting/concept, let me toss out something I've pondered for a while. The PCs are newspaper reporters (or TV newscasters or whatever). Anyway, while researching info on some basic mundane news story, they stumble across some supernatural element or monstrous being that is actually behind the disturbance. So you have an investigative/research bent, as well as a monster-of-the-week angle. (Sound like a certain early Pacesetter game?)

Anyway, think of it as "Kolchak the RPG". And the title of this game?

"Deadlines"
sniderman

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:03 pm

That's a great idea for a campaign. I think for a horror RPG, though, it should probably pull back a bit from being focused on a particular character type (in this case reporters). A bit more generic if you see what I mean. I have some ideas, though it might be a while before I get around to getting them down on paper.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Return to ROTWORLD