Would you rather...

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Would you rather...(pick one from each group of four)

Fly...because you have wings (bird, bat, etc.)
13%
Fly...because you have Mental Flight/Levitate (with energy crackling around you)
3%
Fly...because you have Superhero Power (most likely no noticeable effects)
6%
Fly...because you have a rocket pack or an anti-gravity belt
No votes
AC...because you have hardened/armored skin/flesh
6%
AC...because you have mental shields (with energy crackling around you)
3%
AC...because you have Superhero Power (invisible force field)
3%
AC...because you have plasteel Mk 7a2 armor
6%
Str...because you have huge oversized muscles
13%
Str...because you have telekinetic muscle boosts (with energy crackling around you)
3%
Str...because you have Superhero Strength (even if looking normal)
3%
Str...because you have cybernetics, bionics, juicer boosts
No votes
Wpn...because you have spines, claws, maw, or other organic sharp bits
3%
Wpn...because you have a Stunning Touch (with energy crackling around you)
3%
Wpn...because you have Superhero Martial Skills
3%
Wpn...because you have a fabulous sun sword (aiiiiiieeee Demon Dogs)
10%
Gun...because you have a Fiery Breath
6%
Gun...because you have a Mental Blast (with energy crackling around you)
No votes
Gun...because you have Superhero Energy Blasts
No votes
Gun...because you have Mk 9 Laz Pistol
13%

Total votes : 31

Would you rather...

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm

(to set the mood for a Mutant Future game)

The poll sets the possibility for some of the same aspects in different applications.

Curious minds want to know :mrgreen:
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Re: Would you rather...

Postby gentleman john » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:43 pm

"Impetuous boy! Ah well - who wants to live forever?"

Atomic Ray wrote:Curious minds want to know :mrgreen:

Since when did you get the Duality mutation?
gentleman john

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue May 01, 2012 4:09 am

As such things go...at birth at birth.

:D
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Agrippa » Tue May 01, 2012 10:55 pm

When I was answering your question I was thinking along the lines a genius engineer. After building his wrist mounted ion cannon and weilding it in battle a god-like being blessed with superhuman powers. He later acquired/may acquire and augments his main melee weapon, a golden energy wreathed sword. He's capable of flight (more like jumping but up to very long heights and distances and longer hang times), projecting mental energy sheilds and possesses a modicum of superhuman strength.
Agrippa

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 am

Agrippa wrote:When I was answering your question I was thinking along the lines a genius engineer. After building his wrist mounted ion cannon and weilding it in battle a god-like being blessed with superhuman powers. He later acquired/may acquire and augments his main melee weapon, a golden energy wreathed sword. He's capable of flight (more like jumping but up to very long heights and distances and longer hang times), projecting mental energy sheilds and possesses a modicum of superhuman strength.

Yikes! A Munchkin is born!

:mrgreen:
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Agrippa » Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 am

Atomic Ray wrote:
Agrippa wrote:When I was answering your question I was thinking along the lines a genius engineer. After building his wrist mounted ion cannon and weilding it in battle a god-like being blessed with superhuman powers. He later acquired/may acquire and augments his main melee weapon, a golden energy wreathed sword. He's capable of flight (more like jumping but up to very long heights and distances and longer hang times), projecting mental energy sheilds and possesses a modicum of superhuman strength.

Yikes! A Munchkin is born!

:mrgreen:

The idea was that he'd start out with something along the lines of the Mutant Omega mutation fleet of foot and would only use his jump distance as as flight speed, if and when he hits 7th level. He may have been sponsered into demi-godhood, but he still has to grow into his powers. That and his ion cannon bracer, gauntlet or whatever it is would be statistically the same as a Mk 9 Laz Pistol. I should mention that his quasi-flight is less maneverable than normal psionic flight, has a limited duration and he'd have spend a number of rounds building up the energy and wherewithal to mike that flying leap again.
Agrippa

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu May 03, 2012 2:23 am

I was just playing :)

When it comes to games such as Mutant Future and Superheroes I tend to allow as much as is possible without breaking the game.

The Mutant Omega looks great...I will look it over in detail later!

I appreciate a good mutation table :)
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Agrippa » Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 am

Pretty much guessed that you were joking. This guy would be kind of on the fledging superheroic side of things. Besides if, you really think about it the chracter I mentioned would fit in pretty well some classic mythical heroes, at least in their ealy days. Like Cu Chulain for one. Though I'd strongly disagree with calling the Morrigan Good. She may be on the side of good but that doesn't make her good.
Agrippa

Return to Mutant Future