Back to Daggerford

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Back to Daggerford

Postby greyarea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:46 am

Marcus says, Dak! excitedly. We missed your face in our adventure! Are you rejoining the Dutybound?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:11 am

Dak orders a round for everyone and fills you in on his last couple of months. He still works occasionally at the blacksmith shop, but he has been earning his keep as a caravan guard for hire on caravans heading to Cromms hold (where you had your lizard man encounters) and to The Way Inn. He says that encounters with organized bands of Orcs have been on the rise, and small groups have been disappearing on the tradeway with alarming frequency. The Duke has been feeling the pressure to mount patrols on the tradeway, as Waterdeep and the civilized lands are getting nervous. Dak shrugs when asked about rejoining the group. He says he misses everyone, but has become quite comfortable doing what he does. But he says he'll think about it.

Your evening goes well, and as usual, all drinks are free, as is the food. Owenden comes to you with a glum look and says "I'm sorry, fellas, but your usual rooms are spoken for. It's the damn snow. But the common room is empty, so I'll give it to you, and you can lock the door. I should have a couple rooms coming open in two days, so you are welcome to em."

Your evening is uneventful, but restful. You see some off-duty militia members who congratulate you on your success with the wolverines, and they ask if you plan on coming back to duty.

The crowd thins early as locals head home in the early darkness. Owenden gets your room ready and tells you that he has baths waiting for you downstairs and he'll attend to cleaning your clothing if needed. You can mingle or relax as you wish, the inn closes fairly early due to the weekday and weather, but Owenden tells you that you can stay in the main room as long as you want and drink, but he'll be closing the kitchen soon.

What's the plan for tomorrow?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Nahin - Elf

Should we check in with the old unit commander and see whats going on in the area?

OCC: Any XP for the last encounter?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:41 am

Spanningtree wrote:Nahin - Elf

Should we check in with the old unit commander and see whats going on in the area?

Jayce - Fighter
"Yeah, sounds like we maybe needed."
Jayce returns his attention towards Dak and his exploits. "I have so missed you brother! It is so good to know that you are hale and well kept. I hope you haven't forgotten all the social graces I taught you. You were nearly civilized when we parted," Jayce teases.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:20 am

NOTE: I've updated the last post in the "status" thread. Please add your XP and level up as needed. Decide what to do with the loot and where you'll be heading.
I presume you'll head to see Sherlyn and Sgt Schultz based on your posts. Dak hasn't decided if he's back in the saddle or not. If you all want him back, you can work him, or not, it's up to you.

Now, back to the show...

In the morning, you all gather in the common room, treated to a light breakfast by Owenden's wife, and Dak has stopped by to reconnect, but has yet to answer your question if he was going to rejoin your band. Grinkle has cleaned himself up and has been chatting with Dak since his reappearance. Much to your surprise, Theo meets you downstairs, geared up and looking ready to travel. "Gentlemen, I'm sorry to break this to you on short notice, but I've been summoned to see the Bishop at Waterdeep. It's been a pleasure travelling with you all, and I hope to see you in the future. Best of luck to you all." He stays for breakfast, and hastily departs to a waiting wagon outside bound for Waterdeep.

What's next?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:11 am

Marcus will endeavour to get his new sword identified. He will get his armor cleaned and polished and then donate what money he has left to the local Lawful Good church.

He will suggest that they regroup in a few days to Sherlyn and Sgt Schultz
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:20 am

Nahin - Elf

Like I said last night Dak, you are welcome to rejoin. Nahin will say with a shrug with a mouthful of bread.

Chatting with Owenden's wife he'll try to find a mage in town that might be willing to recharge a wand of magic missiles.

Looking over at Marcis: So, a couple of days R and R...?
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:12 pm

"A few days rest sounds perfect!" Rory says with a sigh of relief. After breakfast, he'll head out for a stroll around town, happy with life and confident that he has put his troubled past behind him.

OC: XP updated, with 10%/5% bonus as appropriate, rounded down.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:29 am

Taking Care of Business

Marcus mentions having his armor cleaned, mended and polished, and Dak gets wide-eyed. "Gimme it, I'll git it done at the shop fer' nothin.' It'll take me a day." Dak offers to personally fluff, buff and repair the armor at the shop, and he seems pretty adamant about doing it for you. Also, you inquire about getting the sword identified at the same time Nahin is checking about getting his wand recharged, and you both get the same name - Herren Delloran. He's a retired adventuring wizard who keeps a fairly low profile about town and normally doesn't engage in services, but is a friend of the Militia, and typically performs routine services for members in good standing with sufficient coin. He isn't hard to find, as he lives within a block of the inn. As his name is mentioned, Dak smiles and says "Mister Herren iz nice. I help him paint house last month. I kin' take you to him."

After a brief stroll in the crisp winter morning air, you reach a humble two story storefront nearby. Dak knocks on the door and an elderly man opens the door. He is severely stooped and his hair and beard are wild and white, but he smiles a brilliant smile and says in a crackling voice "Dak! How good to see you, my boy! Mmmm... who is this who you've brought, eh?" Dak pats the old man on the head, and says "Deez my friends, dey need some magics." The man straightens up his frame as much as he can muster and says "Well then, what can I do for you?"

Assuming you explain the items you need id'ed and charged he says "Ah, yes. I can do this. I'll figure out what this sword is about. I can do it for 50 gold. It'll take me a day. As for your wand... that's a bit more challenging. Give me three, four days, I can recharge it for you. I need to find out how many it can hold, and then load it up. No tellin' what this could cost, but how about 25GP per charge? Special rate for you boys..."

Feel free to ask him anything, he stands waiting to see if this is satisfactory to you...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:40 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will plunk down 200gp and the wand for 8 charges. Hello Herren, my name is Nahin. It's good to meet someone of your knowledge.... my comrades and I are on a bit of downtime between escapades and are looking for an outing that might peek out interest. Would you know of anything?

OCC: I am assuming the group sold the bracelet and necklace for a total haul of 275gp per person in the group (6), let me know if that works (or not).
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure