OMG THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!!

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

OMG THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!!

Postby bighara » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:44 pm

That is IT! I've had alls I kin stands, I can't stands no' more!

*Rolls an Open Doors check on the LL Forum entrance*

BAM!!

I swear! I take a break from posting for a bit and this place just goes to sleep! ;)

OK, OK I know it's not your fault (entirely) but seriously! It's time for people to wake up a bit in here. The holidays are over. The weather is still crappy. So it's a perfect time for gaming-related conversations. I mean, come on!

<Leonidas Voice> THIS! IS! LABYRINTH LORD!! </voice>

The game that gave access to Moldvay-Cook BX (The greatest version of D&D EVAR!!) to us when WOTC was sticking their heads in the sand about pdfs. We're better than this!

Now, I don't want to just cast stones here. I'll be constructive too. So here's a new topic. Let's see some chatter, people! :mrgreen:
bighara

Re: OMG THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!!

Postby rredmond » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:48 pm

;)
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby bighara » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:21 am

HE'S THE FUNNY GUY!

:roll:
bighara

Postby Vlark » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm sorry but what did you say? I can't hear you over the crickets. :D
Vlark

Postby Omote » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:13 pm

*yawns* *stretches* huh? What happened here?

I honestly have not much to talk about. B/X and now LL have been around for a while now. There's no new creative juice, because the game is more or less, complete. I'm sure there are still many of us who play, but we are essentially playing the game we have been for 30+ years. What's left to talk about? Haven't we said it all?

I loathe to even bring up the topic any more, but at this point maybe there is some behind-the-scenes movement on a new print edition of LL+AEC, but most likely there isn't. This topic just isn't what is used to be, and support for it may have died on the vine. Some have said that they would be interested in a new print version of the game that simply incorporates errata, and makes some small pointed tweaks. The powers that be simply aren't interested in such a big undertaking for such a small segment of the fans. Alas, those fans may have moved on or given up thinking about it at this point. There's no fault here. As I stated above, the game is complete.

~O
Omote

Postby merias » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:13 pm

There is plenty of creative energy floating around the OSR-verse, it just seems to be directed towards different games atm, perhaps due to the influence of a few prolific bloggers or publishers. This is leading new players astray that might otherwise breathe some life into LL. Also, I think the slowdown has happened to a lot of web-based forums in the past few years. The advent of G+ and the native mobile interface there attracts a lot of people who have their phone with them all the time anyway, and just find it easier to post/reply. But apart from that, you're right - it seemed there was a lot of excitement for a combined LL+AEC, which has dried up now that project appears to be inactive. Not much else seems to be going on around LL (at least publicly), apart from the PbP games here or at Unseen Servant.
merias

Postby Jay_NOLA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:45 pm

Right now they have an active effort to do an retroclone extension/module for Fantasy Grounds to let people play them easily online.

LL got mentioned heavily in the S&S book The Lucani Drift, that is current on the top 10 list of products on RPGNow.com. A couple of the allies use stats from it.
LL has a lot of potential for future products.
Last edited by Jay_NOLA on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay_NOLA

Postby rredmond » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 pm

bighara wrote:HE'S THE FUNNY GUY!

:roll:

Sorry Jeff, I dig your stuff!
L&M is great, as was what I saw of The Gyre.
--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby Blood axe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Yeah, kind of quiet around here lately.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Koren n'Rhys » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Not much to add to the comments above. Been playing more 5E than classic for awhile now, and I have to admit if I'm looking to do any B/X style gaming I'm more likely to look towards BFRPG nowadays since it's Ascending AC + BAB.

That said, I prefer the presentation of LL, plus the AEC and third-party content for it, and I can easily add a BAB attack chart. I'm still waiting for that LL+AEC single volume book and will grab a hardcover copy if Dan ever does it. Maybe now that Apes is out the door we'll see some progress there?
Obligatory Blogroll:
Kingdoms in Trevail for my RC D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"
RetroCyberpunk where I work on a Shadowrun retro-clone[/size]
Koren n'Rhys

Next

Return to Labyrinth Lord