Interlude in Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude in Hommlet

Postby J.L. Duncan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:44 pm

greyarea wrote:Pax can get one of the sets of chain to fit him with a little work.

Pax is workin' it!

Unless, I need assistance.

OoC: I'm fine with Thurwin's plan. Pax is heading over to the trader to see how high his prices really are. I suggest to allow Thurwin authority in this matter.

Pax arrives at the trader. What does he see?
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:08 am

Pax (and perhaps some others) head across the street. The building is larger and outside the door, a shield and lantern are suspended from chains. The shield is painted, showing a sword and a cheese.

The whole front building is filled with various goods. The barn has animals, saddles, and the like available to any willing to pay the price.

There are two traders here, Rannos Davl, who is best described as slow, fat, clumsy and placid, and Gremag, who is tall and thin, with sharp features and protruding eyes. Both traders proclaim that they happily deal with anyone who is a paying customer. Furthermore, they say, they will gladly buy any items which you happen upon, and pay a fair price too!

Actions?
greyarea

Postby GreyKatana » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:24 am

Whenever all members of the group are all together, Father Redmond will take the opportunity to talk to them.
My dear comrades, I believe it is time for us to part ways. As you might have noticed, I have... lapses from time to time where I forget to act and just basically stand there doing nothing. I think I might have contracted some kind of disease or maybe it is juste my old age. Though Zagyg wants me to help you clear the Temple from the foul forces that inhabits it, I fear that my presence is causing you more trouble than it's worth. With the money I've gotten from our adventures, I'll continue my pilgrimage to Greyhawk city. There I've heard that there is a physician that could help me with my problem, he's called Al... Al Z'eye-Mer, a name that's hard to forget. I hope to be able to rejoin you once I'm cured, but for now I think it is for the best. Farewell."

And he'll leave in the sunset, his staff in one hand and his broken broom strapped to his back. Singing a travel song for all to hear:
"It's fun to preach for Z.A.G.Y.G., it's fun to preach for Z.A.G.Y.G.
You can get yourself clean, you can have a HUGE meal. You can do whatever you feel!!!

Calthas, are you listening to me.
I said Calthas, what do you wanna be.
I said Catlhas, you can make real your dreams.
But you've got to know this one thing..."
GreyKatana

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:02 pm

badams30 wrote:Thurwin - Wizard

Short sword with Topaz pommel worth 500GP
4 bolts of silk worth 10-60GP
Silver box worth 125GP
Jeweled dagger worth 250GP
Jeweled necklace worth 2400GP
3 shields, long sword, 2 Spears, Short sword
6 in tall ivory statuette (value unknown)
5 sets chain armor, 6 shields, 6 longswords, 6 crossbows
Chain worth 7000GP set with 3 small rubies worth 1000GP each
Ruby ring worth 4000GP
Brooch w/ Carnelian cameo coat of arms of Veluna quartered by Knights of the Heart worth 800GP

Rannos Davl and Gremag lok over the items. We'll give you 10,000 gold for the lot, Rannos says.
greyarea

Postby J.L. Duncan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Pax-Addressing Father Redmond: “Fair the well, brother of the cloth and safe journeys!”

OoC-Addressing the group: With Father Redmond moving on to Greyhawk. We need rations.

1) Rations
2) We also should hold back a four sets of armor/Weapons for hirelings.
3) Any other concerns please voice them.

I am fine with this price and as a group storing our gold with gem exchanger or burying it, and recovering it after we’ve cleared out the evil…
No deal will be done without group consent.

Pax addressing the traders: “Greetings good sirs. We have need of a few items as well, I’ve made a list for you to look over. That said I’m interested if this offer interests you and cannot make any full deals without the approval of my peers.”

1) Rations. Enough for two weeks’ worth-for 12 sturdy men.
2) Bedrolls
3) Battle axe (for Pax)
4) Two Throwing Axes (for Pax)
5) A cart (that Mattie can pull) to help us take our supplies.
6) 100 crossbow bolts.

“We have need of four of those sets of chain armor (x4), long swords(x4), shields(x4) and crossbows (x4). So kindly take those out of what is being offered.”

“I know my peers very well merchants. And I can tell you having worked the mines (a total bluff) for my father’s claims that I can spot decent gems and jewels, when I see them-you might say I’ve got a dwarven eye for such things.”

"10k gold is a fair price… if you include 2k in store credit and accommodate my list.” What can I say neighbors, I’ve no personal desire to travel on much further for a fair price-but I’m certain my compatriots who blead for this wealth may feel differently…”

OoC to the group: Any concern I am missing please let me know.
Publishing Credit
J.L. Duncan

Postby kwll » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Calthas surprises himself being a bit sad to see Father Redmond go. As he was getting used to their constant bickering, he somehow developed a little fondness for the old man. When hearing his song, however, he couldn't help rolling his eyes (once again) and turning his back on the other direction, and enters the trader's shop.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby merias » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Effric, Druid

Effric watches Father Redmond go. "Farewell, my slightly crazy friend."

Effric watches the negotiations, but has little use for the coin he has. After purchasing some flasks of oil and re-stocking rations, he'll wander over to Jaroo's grove and make a donation of the 83GP in his share.
merias

Postby badams30 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

OOC: 10K is probably as good an offer as we'll get, I assume everyone agrees? If so, that's 1250 div by 8, in addition to the other coin we already split.
Thurwin is okay with 10K.

IC: Thurwin gives Father Redmond his hand and says "Are you sure we can't convince you to stay? You are in good with Zagyg, and we've pulled through some tight pinches together. I'd urge you to reconsider. But if I can't persuade you, then safe travels, my friend. Your share of coin should help with the journey."

Okay all, can we agree on the 10K? Then we can do what we need to do in Hommlett and get back to bustin' evil.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Tavin - Monk

OCC: Tavin is good with the split.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby J.L. Duncan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:54 pm

Thurwin is okay with 10K.

OoC: Shsssh Thruwin-I'm trying to use my dwarven creditability to negotiate for the party here! :mrgreen:
Publishing Credit
J.L. Duncan

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk