Ruined City Geomorphs

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Ruined City Geomorphs

Postby Wizardawn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks to TiltingWindmills, over at the Cartographer's Guild, I have a large set of geomorphs so you can create random ruined cities. The roads don't line up perfectly with each other but it will really save me time coming up with a ruined city to explore. You can give it a try at my website...in the Apocalyptic section.

http://www.wizardawn.com
Last edited by Wizardawn on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wizardawn

Re: Ruined City Geomorphs

Postby k-slacker » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:52 am

Link?
k-slacker

Postby Wizardawn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

Click my signature banner.

- Djeryv
Wizardawn

Postby sniderman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Galactically bitchin'. It'd be great if you could input the needed dimensions though.
sniderman

Postby Wizardawn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 pm

sniderman wrote:Galactically bitchin'. It'd be great if you could input the needed dimensions though.

Done!

- Djeryv
Last edited by Wizardawn on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizardawn

Postby sniderman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

djeryv wrote:
sniderman wrote:Galactically bitchin'. It'd be great if you could input the needed dimensions though.

Why do you need dimensions? I just take a screen shot of the area I want. I am not annoyed by your comment...as I think this should be easy enough to do. I am just wondering on the usefulness of it. Let me know.

- Djeryv

Oh, I just meant that it'd be nice to be able to generate a neighborhood - say a 2 by 2 grid - or a small town - a 5 by 5 grid - or a full city - the default which I think is 10 by 10. Or oddly-shaped villages like a 2 by 4 grid that runs along a river or something. Sure you can grab a screenshot and cut what you want, but I was just thinking out loud.
sniderman

Postby Wizardawn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Totally unrelated, but sniderman...I love your site (I am assuming the Savage Underworld is "your" site). I pop in every once in awhile. I put a link to your site in my links section...so people can be reminded where that Thundarr campaign setting is. Good work on that one.

- Djeryv
Wizardawn

Postby sniderman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Heh. Thanks. Truth be told, I'm currently working up a post linking to your Ruined City Geomorphs, hence the interest. Thanks again for the kudos.
sniderman

Postby Dyson Logos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Using Dave's Mapper - http://www.thegriddle.net/mapper/ - just select Amanda Michael's tiles and deselect the other tiles (like mine) and you can control the dimensions of the map. Dave's Mapper also allows you to rotate the tiles to reconfigure the map slightly.

Even better would be one where you could actually move the tiles around.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Wizardawn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Dyson Logos wrote:
Using Dave's Mapper - http://www.thegriddle.net/mapper/ - just select Amanda Michael's tiles and deselect the other tiles (like mine) and you can control the dimensions of the map. Dave's Mapper also allows you to rotate the tiles to reconfigure the map slightly.

Even better would be one where you could actually move the tiles around.

I tried using that site before and now I realize my problem. You have to uncheck all the other tiles to see the ruined city tiles. Duh! I didn't realize that before so when I went there to generate a map earlier...I kept thinking, "these look like dungeon tiles". I can't figure out where to turn of the grid though...but that is more a cosmetic thing.

- Djeryv

P.S. Dyson...maybe you can help because I could only give credit to TiltingWindmills, over at the Cartographer's Guild. Is there a better name (and/or even a website) I can give credit for these?
Wizardawn

Next

Return to Mutant Future