Skull Mountain: The Lake

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Lake

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Dieter - Mage

Yes, that sounds like a fine plan. When he hit the roof I can use sleep majicks to help. Now, the eating part, that sounds great. He will say with a quiet laugh. Dieter will wait for the rope to be setup and then make himself the last to ascend. He will tie the lantern to the end of the rope and then pull it up after he has ascended.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 am

The Tower

The party makes its way to the tower. Einar hoods himself and disappears. You see the grappling hook ascend and disappear.

The cavern makes the island seem to be in the blackest night. You can hear water lapping on the island base and some talking in the lispy language of the lizardfolk inside the tower.

(secret roll, secret roll)

Surprisingly, Einar unhoods in your presence. The darkling doesn't seem to be leaving. He's settled in. I did manage to steal this, he says in hushed tones, holding a gong mallet for you to see. That should help. However, I think he's up there for a while. I'm not sure how much time we have until the grapple on the wall is discovered. Do we have a second one? What kind of spell were you going to try, Dieter? How do we want to proceed?

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 18/34
--Furuk 29/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 13/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes says "Nice work..." and he'll stow the mallet in his pack, or if it's too big, we'll keep it handy so we can destroy it.
"Is the Darkling alone up there? Perhaps you could climb back up, and take a position behind him, and I could climb up, and as soon as I get to the top and/or he sees me, you stab him nice and good in the back." The rest could start climbing up behind me and we engage him quick, before he can send an alarm."

Grimes looks at the others, "what do you think? I'm not one for much planning, I just like to cut some bad guys."
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

Einar, rogue

No, it's the darkling and four of his lizardmen underlings. I meant that he wasn't just checking up on them but seems to be staying for a while.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 am

Grimes - Fighter

At hearing of the 4 plus the darkling, Grimes sighs... "Damn. Oh well. How about the same plan, but instead of you stabbing the guy, you stay hidden to ensure no one rings the gong or retreats, and I'll draw their attention as the rest of the party ascends. Not a great plan, but probably enough to work if everyone can get up here in time."

OOC: What does everyone think? Einar can hide up there, I can go up, and charge em' like a crazy wee man, and you all follow close behind. A nutty halfling charge might throw them off for just long enough for you all to get into the action. I'm at a bit more than half HP, so I won't be able to hold em' long, but no matter. I want to kill some lizards.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter listens to Grimes's plan intently: That sounds like it may work but they may deal you grave damage before help arrives. If we could get them to come to the side of the tower I could try to put them to sleep. Warriors such as yourselves could be halfway up the tower already and then finish ascending to finish them off. What do you think?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes looks about thoughtfully for a moment, then says "Good idea. My only fear is that they might raise the alarm or somehow the ones inside the tower might hear. But the thought of putting them to sleep is good, but I think we'd need to do it topside, rather than at the wall of the tower. Perhaps you could climb up right behind me, the two of us together wouldn't weigh all that much."

OOC:
Grimes isn't much of a thinker, so he'll go with whatever plan the group agrees to. He's just anxious to kill some lizards - asleep or not...
badams30

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:48 pm

so what's the plan?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 pm

If Dieter and Einar agree, let's try this:
Einar climbs up, positions himself behind the bad guys, or out of the way, but able to ambush them if they do something silly.
Grimes starts climbing
Dieter starts climbing behind Grimes (Grimes is light, and Dieter is unarmored, so the weight on the thick rope should hold (I hope)
Grimes will wait until Dieter is almost right behind him, then he'll spring up to the top drawing his sword and advancing toward the lizards slowly. He doesn't want to engage them quickly, but rather try to keep them from getting help or ringing the gong with whatever...

As the fighting starts, Dieter can cast sleep, and anyone who doesnt' snooze, Grimes will hit em, and Einar can bumrush anyone who tries to escape or bang the gong...

As this crazy train is going on, the rest of the party can scale up. Assuming all goes to plan, we then work our way down in the tower and kill all the critters within.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong????
badams30

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 pm

OOC: I think that's a good idea, as long as everyone else is ok with it.
Craigers07

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain