Dead Meat: An Upcoming Post-Apocalyptic Web Series

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Dead Meat: An Upcoming Post-Apocalyptic Web Series

Postby Malcadon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:17 am

I just found out about this yet-produced web series, and I'm posting this to anyone would might be interested.

It was a Kickstarter campaign that ended six months ago, and was just successful enough to make the $50k pledge goal. Dead Meat is described as "A post apocalyptic black comedy/social satire/puppet gore web series from Maxwell Atoms, creator of Cartoon Network's 'Billy & Mandy'.", and the plot is outlined as such:

"Post Apocalyptic Future
Mutant Hunter and his Pet Mutant Dog
Awkward
Both in love with evil chick
She wants to cause end of the world...
Again"

From the looks of it, it is going to be a madcap series aimed at mature viewers. Being a web series, it is not going to be on any TV/Cable network. I am unclear as to the availability of the series. I hope the episodes would be released online for free, without those annoying pay-gates. Maxwell has brought some major voice-over talent to the project. His motivation to go with Kickstarter is to produce a show without draconian censorship or executive meddling.

I cannot say if it is a good series or not (given the concepts going into it, it definitely not for everybody), but I really hope it does well, as I'm a huge fan of his other works. Oh yeah, the backgrounds and kit-bashed models looks so damn cool! (find more pics here)

Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Return to Mutant Future