Deathlords & Dragon-Blooded - An Exalted conversion reboot.

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

Deathlords & Dragon-Blooded - An Exalted conversion reboot.

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:57 am

I've attempted to make an Exalted conversion before, but I feel it fell kind of short from the beginning. I tried to tie everything too closely to the MF mutation system. So I'm going to try it again. This time I'm not going to even touch the mutation system right now.

Charms

For obvious reasons Exalts would get the powers or Charms the same way in this conversion as they do in White Wolf's Exalted. Nor will they be expressed the same way. I'm using BECMI/LL mixed with Mutant Future as base while while White Wolf has its own system. My idea for advancement is twofold. You'd have classes with their own advancement rates and a universal experience chart. The class chart covers what you'd normally get from classes (hit dice, attack value/THAC0, saves, spells and class features) while the general experience track covers general non-class advancement and on the case of the Exalted, their rate of supernatural power or Charm progression. Some of these might have a class feature or weapon mastery requirement, others might not. But they all have minimum general level requirements.

Exalted types and what their Charms/powers should reflect.
  • Solar - Glory and sunlight
  • Abyssal - Death and darkness
  • Infernal - Hellish might and primal power
  • Lunar - Shapeshifting and the moon
  • Sidereal - Time, prophecy and knowledge
  • Dragon-Blooded - Earthly royalty and the elements
  • Limnal - The border between life and death and will to subvert it

Excellencies

Of course not all Charms allow their users to out right perform fantastic feats of skill. Instead these Charms improve upon their wielder's basic competence. Among the most basic of Charms are these Excellencies. All Solar, Abyssal, Infernal, Sidereal and Terrestrial Exalted gain the 1st Excellencies of their Caste's favored abilities free.

First (Ability) Excellency: Essence Overwhelming
Circle: 1
Duration: One check
Action:
Mote Cost: Yes

You add a bonus to your d20 roll when using the related Ability. Only applies to one check.
Level 1-3: +1
Level 4-6: +2
Level 7-9: +3
Level 9-12: +4
Level 13+: +5

Second (Ability) Excellency: Essence Triumphant
Duration: One check
Action:

You automatically succeed in your check. Do not roll the die. Only applies to one check. Since you don’t roll the die, you cannot roll a natural 20.

Third (Ability) Excellency: Essence Resurgent
Duration: One round
Action:

For one round, when using the related Ability, roll 2d20 and choose the best.

Infinite (Ability) Mastery
Circle: 3
Duration: One encounter or turn
Action:

Lasts one Encounter. When you use this charm first, whenever you use the First, Second or Third Excellency, their effects last for the whole encounter.

(Ability) Essence Flow
Circle: 4
Duration: 24 hours
Action:

Lasts 24 hours. You can use the First, Second and Third Excellency without expending one of your daily Charm uses, for a few times every day:
Level 10-13: 3 times
Level 14-18: 4 times
Level 19+: 5 times

Deathlords & Dragon-Blooded level chart
Last edited by Agrippa on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
Agrippa

Re: Deathlords & Dragonblooded - An Exalted conversion reboo

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Solar Exalted

Solar flavor

Solar Castes
  • Dawn
  • Zenith
  • Twilight
  • Night
  • Eclipse
Last edited by Agrippa on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Dawn Caste (Archery, Brawl, Melee, Thrown and War)

As the rising sun brings an end to the dark of night, so does a warrior of the Dawn caste put down fear and wickedness. Whether he perfers to battle in melee or lets loose from a mighty bow or stout handcannon, he is a warrior of the Sun and all foes shall tremble before him. In some cases he serves as a commander and leader of men. With holy might and agility the Bronze Tiger crushes his foes and leaves them scattered before him.

Hit Dice: 1d12 per four points of CON
Anima Power: By spending single Charm usage without activating a Charm, a member of the Dawn Caste can wreath himself in a terrible golden light, driving terror into the hearts of his weaker foes. Any adversary with a Willpower score lower than the Dawn Caste warrior’s own cannot bear to face him, thus giving him a +2 to attack against his fearful foes and causing the afflicited a -2 to attack. In addition every enemy who witnesses this sight is subject to a Mental Attack using the higher of the Dawn caste's Willpower or Charisma. If the Mental Attack succeeds the enemy will either flee or surrender. Golems, automata, the dead and other creatures that know not of fear are unaffected by the Ascending Sun's anima power.

1. Hungry Tiger Technique (Me), One Weapon, Two Blows (Me), Dipping Swallow Defense (Me), Fire and Stones Strike (Me), Solar Counterattack (Me)
2. Essence Arrow Attack, Phantom Arrow Technique (Ar), Summoning the Loyal Bow (Ar) ,Flashing Vengeance Draw (Ar), There is No Wind (Ar), Trance of Unhesitating Speed (Ar), Call the Blade (Me), Summoning the Loyal Steel (Me), Iron Raptor Technique (Me), Ready in Eight Directions Stance (Me), Bulwark Stance (Me), Fivefold Bulwark Stance (Me), Heavenly Guardian Defense (Me)
3. Arrow Storm Technique (Ar), Flashing Sunspot Attack (Ar), Forceful Arrow (Ar), Immaculate Golden Bow (Ar), Rain of Feathered Death (Ar), Glorious Solar Saber (Me), Blazing Solar Bolt (Me), Glorious Solar Saber (Me), Shining Razor Wind (Me)
4. Accuracy Without Distance (Ar), Inexhaustible Bolts of Solar Fire (Ar), Solar Flare Methodology (Ar), Lambent Bolt of Annihilation (Ar), Thrust Shot Evasion (Ar), Golden Destruction Cut (Me), Rising Sun Slash (Me)
5. Golden Artillerist Method (Ar), Protection of Celestial Bliss (Me), Unassailable Aegis of Dual Armament (Me)
6. World-Scarring Solar Glory (Me)
7. Boundless Arrow of the Unconquered Sun (Ar), Sharp Light of Judgment Stance (Me)
Last edited by Agrippa on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Zenith Caste (Integrity, Performance, Presence, Resistance, Survival)

At midday the sun reaches its zenith, shining down on the earth below. So does holiness radiate from the Zenith caste and light a world that would be much darker without them. These are the prophets, mystics and priestly champions of the Sun and Light, the Golden Bulls are the de-facto leaders of their fellow Solars. Zeniths are empowered by the Sun to with stand all coming trials and tribulations, as well as to hold stead fast in thier holy convictions.

Hit Dice: 1d10 per four points of CON
Anima Power: A Zenith can render a corpse incapable of perversion into undeath by a mere blessed touch and gift of purifing heavenly flames. In addition, for a single point of Charms usage a Pillar of Sun cloaks herself in a blinding golden light of holy fire radiates from herself for Level x10 in feet. This holy flame grants the Hammer of Heaven the following blessings.
B) Gains a bonus to AC equal to her level/4 against Creatures of Darkness.
C) Gain a bonus to hit equal to her level/4 against Creatures of Darkness.
This also happens automatically whenever the Resplendant Sun uses a charm of level 5 or more.

Last edited by Agrippa on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Twilight Caste (Craft, Investigation, Lore, Medicine and Occult)

As the sun sets it leaves its light scattered through out the darkening sky. So too, do the Descending Suns of the Twilight caste spread the light of wisdom and knowledge even into the darkest of ages. These Children of Twilight relentlessly seek knowledge and truth for the uplifting of all. To them there is no such thing as that which man is not meant to know, only what we are capable of understanding now and what can only be understood in the future. With godly power, arcane might and supernal understanding the Copper Spiders of the Twilight caste fashion true miracles of occult science that survive through the ages.

Hit Dice: 1d6 per four points of CON
Anima Power: As a Reaction, you can spend one of your daily charm uses to reduce damage suffered from one attack. The amount of damage avoided is equal to your level. Whenever you use a charm of level 5 or more, you automatically gain Temporary Hit Points equal to your level.

Charms

1. Object-Strengthing Touch (Cr), Courtier's Eye Technique (In), Consumer-Evaluating Glance (In), Judge's Ear Technique (In), Evidence-Discerning Method (In), Will-Bolstering Method (Lo), Essence-Lending Method (Lo), Flawless Diagnosis Technique (Med)
2. Chaos-Resistance Preparation (Cr), Durability-Enhancing Technique (Cr), Shattering Grasp (Cr), Irresistible Questioning Technique (In), Know the Soul's Price (In), Crafty Observation Method (In), Unblinking Sentinel Gaze (In), Instant Treatment Methodology (Med), Body-Purifying Admonitions (Med), Ailment-Rectifying Method (Med), Touch of Blissful Release (Med), Contagion-Curing Touch (Med), Wound-Mending Care Technique (Med), Wound-Cleansing Meditation (Med), Anointment of Miraculous Health (Med), Spirit-Detecting Glance (Oc), All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight (Oc), Spirit-Cutting Attack (Oc), Spirit-Repelling Diagram (Oc)
3. Crack-Mending Technique (Cr), Craftsman Needs No Tools (Cr), Harmonious Academic Methodology (Lo), Chaos-Repelling Pattern (Lo), Wyld-Shaping Technique (Lo), Power-Awarding Prana (Lo), Soul-Enlightening Beneficence (Lo), Immanent Solar Glory (Lo), Wholeness-Restoring Meditation (Med), Ghost-Eating Technique (Oc), Asserting the Mandate (Oc)
4. Design Beyond Limit (Cr), Unknown Wisdom Epiphany (In), Legendary Scholar Curriculum (Lo), Wyld Cauldron Technology (Lo), Aspect of the Philosopher-Prince (Lo), Golden Savant's Largess (Lo), Mind-Soothing Anodyne (Med), Sorcerer's Burning Chakra Charm (Oc), Rings of Spiritual Frailty (Oc), Black Mirror Revelation (Oc)
5. Glorious Halo of the Builder's Grace (Cr), Solar Apothecary Practice (Med), Miracle Worker's Redemption (Med), Demon-Binding Redemption (Oc), Magic-Shattering Strike (Oc)
6. Eclipsing the Sun (Oc), Primordial Principle Emulation (Oc)
7. The Art of Permanence (Cr), Heaven's Gaze (In), Lawgiver's Parable Defense (In), Wyld-Handling Science (Lo) Science of Mutation (Med), Youth-Restoring Benison (Med), A Hood on Death (Med)
Last edited by Agrippa on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:42 am, edited 10 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Night Caste (Athletics, Awareness, Dodge, Larceny and Stealth)

Night as much as day should be a safe and peaceful time. Alas as night falls all matter of depraved individuals crawl out of hiding, preying upon the weak and powerless. From mortal fiends to the foulest demons and the walking dead. For ths very reason the forces of justice must retain their own agents, thieves and assassins dedicated to striking at the corrupt. Whatever their background all Hidden Suns are masters of subterfuge and deception, most often aimed against the wicked.

Hit Dice: 1d8 per four points of CON
Anima Power:

Last edited by Agrippa on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Eclipse Caste (Bureaucracy, Linguistics, Ride, Sail and Socialize)

The coming together of the sun and moon inspires awe through out the world. Just as these two heavenly bodies cross a member of the Eclipse caste can bring both individuals and nations together in the bonds of friendship. As Harmonious Voices the words of the Eclipse caste echo far and wide in the land. Coming from such ranks as smugglers, nobles, courtiers, diplomats, merchant princes and even musicians these Crowned Suns have been given a new task, a holy one infact. Every where they go these Quicksilver Falcons bare peace and brotherhood, resorting to violence only when no other just option remains. As befits diplomats and mediators of the Eclipse caste the The Quills of Heaven are golden-tongued mentats and dealmakers.

Hit Dice: 1d8 per four points of CON
Anima Power: By the power of the Sun an ambassador of the Eclipse Caste can guaranty that a man’s word truly is his bond. By espending a single Charm usages when brokering deals between others, sometimes including himself as a party, an Eclipse Caste can further bind the contract. In doing so all concerned parties are treated as if under the effects of a geas in relation to their deal but with no save. He is also protected by ancient pacts with the spirit world, the demon princes and the Fair Folk. He may learn non-Solar charms, but they count as two levels higher than normal.

Last edited by Agrippa on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Solar Charms

Archery

There is No Wind
Favored Caste: Dawn
Target: One or more creatures
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Any Archery Excellency

The range of your Ranged Weapons becomes “sight”. You have no penalty related to distance, visibility, weather and other prevailing conditions.

Forceful Arrow
Circle: 2
Target: Creature struck at range
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: There is No Wind

If you hit, enemy must save vs Stun, or be knocked away 5ft/2 levels. If he hits an obstacle, suffers 1d6 dmg for each 10ft.

Accuracy without Distance
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: There is No Wind

All your ranged attacks always hit. Roll a d20 for each attack anyhow to see if you score a crit.

Boundless Arrow of the Sun
Circle: 7
Target:
Range: Anywhere on your current plane
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Accuracy without Distance

Trance of Unhesitating Speed
Target: Self
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Any Archery Excellency

You can shoot at increased speed.
Level 4-7 = +2 attacks
Level 8-10 = +4 attacks
Level 11-14 = +5 attacks
Level 15+ = +6 attacks

Arrow Storm Technique and Flashing Vengeance Draw
Target:
Range:
Duration: One turn for Flashing Vengeance Draw
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Trance of Unhesitating Speed

Arrow Storm Technique: You target an area equal to 5ft-diameter/level. Everyone in the area must make a Dex save, or suffer damage as if he was hit by one of your ranged attacks.

Flashing Vengeance Draw: you draw your weapon and always attack first for one turn.

Essence Arrow Attack
Target: One creature
Range: Missile
Activation Time:

Your ranged attacks gain a +2 to hit and damage. Also select one additional effect:
Fiery Arrow Attack: Inflict an additional d6 of fire damage, and ignites flammable objects.
Dazzling Flare: Inflict an additional d6 of holy damage (double against undead and demons), and sheds light.
Righteous Judgment Arrow: Inflict an additional d8 of damage.

Lambent Bolt of Annihilation
Target:
Range:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Essence Arrow Attack
Mote Cost:

Phantom Arrow Attack
Duration: One turn
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Essence Arrow Attack

You can shoot one ranged weapon without needing ammunitions.

Summoning the Loyal Bow
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Phantom Arrow Attack

Summon/dismiss your ranged weapon when you need it.

Immaculate Golden Bow and Rain of Feathered Death
Target:
Range:
Duration: One turn for Immaculate Golden Bow
Activation Time:

Immaculate Golden Bow: Summon a magical +5 ranged weapon.
Rain of Feathered Death: You actually hit three times for every hit you score.

Inexhaustible Bolts of Solar Fire
Activation Time:

As Phantom Arrow Technique, but lasts 24 hours. All ammunition is treated as magical, and inflict a higher die of damage (d6 becomes d8, d8 becomes d10, etc.).

Solar Flare Methodology
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Inexhaustible Bolts of Solar Fire

Summons a firewand. Range 50 ft, it counts as a +5 magical weapon (+5 to hit and damage) and base damage die is 3d6 per hit.

Golden Artillerist Method
Circle: 5
Target:
Range:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Phantom Arrow Technique
Mote Cost:

Athletics

Charm name here
Circle: (1 to 7)
Favored Caste: Night
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Awareness

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Bureaucracy

Charm name here
Favored Caste: Eclipse
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Brawl

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:
Last edited by Agrippa on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Craft

Charm name here
Favored Caste: Twilight
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Dodge

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Integrity

Charm name here
Favored Caste: Zenith
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Investigation

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Larceny

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:
Last edited by Agrippa on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Linguistics

Charm name here
Favored Caste: Eclipse
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Lore

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Medicine

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:

Melee

Hungry Tiger Technique/One Weapon, Two Blows and Dipping Swallow Defense
Range: Melee
Duration: One attack or one turn.
Prerequisite: Melee Excellency and basic mastery of melee weapon used.

Hungry Tiger Technique: Roll damage twice, and keep the best.
One Weapon, Two Blows: One additional attack per attack action.
Dipping Swallow Defense: Gain -4 to Deffense for one round.

Fire and Stones Strike
Target: One or more foes in melee.
Duration: Instantaneous
Prerequisite: Hungry Tiger Technique

Add (level/2) damage.

Solar Counterattack
Favored Caste: (any Solar)
Target: Enemy who launched failed attack against you.
Prerequisite: Dipping Swallow Defense

If you’ve just been missed, make immediately an attack against your enemy.

Call the Blade
Target: One melee weapon owned
Range: Level x3 yards

If your weapon is within (Level x3) yards, summon it in your grasp in an instant. Using this charm does not count as an action.

Summoning the Loyal Steel
Target: One weapon owned
Range: Touch
Duration: Special
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Call the Blade

Lasts 24 hours. Summon/dimiss your melee weapon when you need it.

Iron Raptor Technique
Target: One or more foes
Range: Level x2 in yards
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Summoning the Loyal Steel

Your melee attacks have a reach of (Level x2) yards.

Glorious Solar Saber
Duration: One encounter
Activation Time:

Summon a magical +5 melee weapon.

Blazing Solar Bolt
Range: Level x5 in yards
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Iron Raptor Technique

Damage 1d6/level, save for half damage. 1d8/level against Creatures of Darkness that cannot be naturally healed.

Ready in Eight Directions Stance
Prerequisite: Solar Counterattack

Until the beginning of your next turn, you can make an immediate attack against any enemy that misses you.

Bulwark Stance
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Dipping Swallow Stance

Until the beginning of your next turn, gain -6 Defense.

Fivefold Bulwark Stance/Heavenly Guardian Defense
Duration: One encounter for Fivefold Bulwark Stance/One enemy attack for Heavenly Guardian Defense.
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Bulwark Stance
Mote Cost:

Fivefold Bulwark Stance: As Bulwark Stance but for one encounter.
Heavenly Guardian Defense: Perfectly protects against one attack.

Charm Text

Protection of Celestial Bliss
Target: One melee weapon held.
Duration: 24 hours.
Activation Time: One minute
Prerequisite: Heavenly Guardian Defense

Enchant your weapon with a potent magic that lasts 24 hours and granting you a -2 to Defense. When you use Heavenly Guardian Defense, roll a die. If it’s even, you do not spend your daily Charm use for the prerequisite Charm but you negate the effects of this Charm.

Glorious Solar Saber
Effect: Creates weapon or weapons
Duration: One turn.
Activation Time:

Lasts one Encounter. Summon a magical +5 melee weapon.

Golden Destruction Cut
Duration: One attack
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Hungry Tiger Technique

Inflict three times normal damage if your total attack roll is 10 points above your attack value.

Unassailable Aegis of Dual Armament
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Melee Essence Flow, Dipping Swallow Defense

Perfectly deflect or parry any non-perfect attack with a shield or counterattack against any close range attack with an off-handed weapon.

Sharp Light of Judgment Stance
Circle: 7
Target: All enemies in range.
Area: 100 feet + 10 feet per Solar Exalted level
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Blazing Solar Bolt

The Lawgiver raises his weapon to the Sun, letting it's holy power suffuse the weapon. Then with a mighty swipe a bright light streams from the weapon, scourging all foes who still dare stand against the Solar. Make a single attack against all enemies in 100 to 300 feet of the Solar. Those hit suffer both weapon damage and damage from Blazing Solar Bolt. Fortunately, for the Chosen's enemies, this Charm grants a Save vs. Energy for half damage.

Shining Razor Wind
Effect: Increases Fire and Stones Strike duration
Duration: One Encounter
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Fire and Stones Strike

As Fire and Stones Strike but lasts one encounter.

Rising Sun Slash
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Fire and Stones Strike

Fire and Stones Strike can become unblockable and holy. Undead, demons and the Unshaped cannot heal damage from this Charm naturally and benefit from only half magical healing until they fully recover from this Charm's bonus damage.

World-Scarring Solar Glory
Circle: 6
Target: One or more targets
Activation Time:
Prerequisite: Rising Sun Slash

Add Level x2 to melee damage and deal structural damage.

Occult

Charm name here
Target:
Range:
Duration:
Activation Time:
Prerequisite:
Mote Cost:
Last edited by Agrippa on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Agrippa

Next

Return to Open Workshop