Part 3: Facing the Past

Sniderman's Cryptworld game

Moderator: sniderman

Re: Part 3: Facing the Past

Postby funfungiguy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:38 pm

"I'm with Webb," Lucas says. "Cheif Perry understands what's happening now to a certain extent and likely to be cooperative if we use his leverage with the Park Rangers. They might be a lot more accommodating when we get there."

Lucas starts heading for the car he was riding in.
funfungiguy

Postby merias » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Magnus pockets the bracelet and heads to the cars.

"Agreed, let's head to the park tout de suite, I bet the rangers have some shovels we can use."
merias

Postby sniderman » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:08 pm

With your destination decided upon -- Tilamook Forest and, specifically, University Falls -- the five of you pile into the two cars you arrived in. Webb and Hal take the wheels again, a course is plotted out on the GPS, and you start out of town toward the scene of the original murders 40 years ago, the scene of the new murders that started this investigation, and the final forgotten resting place of Audrey Burke.

Wanting to warn any park employees of their arrival, Webb suggests calling Chief Perry. "If he contacts the Park, I'm sure it will carry more weight than if we call direct," he says. "And maybe they can supply a few shovels -- as well as some flashlights."

"I'm with Webb," Lucas says. "Cheif Perry understands what's happening now to a certain extent and likely to be cooperative if we use his leverage with the Park Rangers. They might be a lot more accommodating when we get there."

Webb speaks into the Smartphone vox system to address Hal in the other car. "So what's the best way to protect ourselves from Audrey while we're trying to put her spirit to rest?"

Hal thinks about Webb's question. "The best way to protect ourselves? Well, I feel Audrey's charm bracelet given to us by Mrs. Burke will be our best talisman against Audrey. Magnus, Lucas, did her spirit react at all to it that you can recall?"

[[GENERAL check versus Lucas' and Magnus' Perception. Results:
Perception ability: 62 and 60, respectively - Rolled 38 - SUCCESS ]]

"Yeah, prof!" Lucas says. "When I held out Mrs. Burke's arm and showed the ghost the bracelet, she held back from attacking us. She must've remembered it or 'felt' its importance somehow."

"Well, that confirms it," Hal agrees. "That bracelet might also be the key to putting Audrey to rest."

Magnus pats his pocket to reassure himself the bracelet is still with him now that its importance has been determined.

"Let's head to the park tout de suite, then," he says. "I bet the rangers have some shovels we can use."

[[ To Be Concluded in Part 4: One Last Nature Hike]]
sniderman

Previous

Return to Forget-Me-Not