FULL - LL (B/X) pbp - The Isle of Dread - starting Jan. 2017

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: LL (B/X) pbp - The Isle of Dread - starting Jan. 2017

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:22 pm

So, we have five. Less than I had planned for, but no matter. We'll make it work to our advantage. Fewer players means faster response times and combat rounds. Dan's a busy guy, so it may be a while before he opens up a new forum for us. We can start planning here, picking character classes and the like. I'm going to try having you guys handle your own dice rolls using Unseen Servant. Campaign ID is 514.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 am

tumblingdice wrote:So, we have five. Less than I had planned for, but no matter. We'll make it work to our advantage. Fewer players means faster response times and combat rounds. Dan's a busy guy, so it may be a while before he opens up a new forum for us. We can start planning here, picking character classes and the like. I'm going to try having you guys handle your own dice rolls.

OK, I got all 18s. :lol: *yes, I edited your quote to suit my needs. 8-)

So did Brandon bail on me to play some other historical guy of his? :cry:
That leaves everything else - but I think Cleric is my least preference (because I'm still playing one), and Thief is my second least preference (because I'm currently playing one of those too), but otherwise I'm open to play whatever the group needs. If the party is desperate for a Cleric or Thief, then I'd be happy to play those as well - just not my first choice. :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:29 am

I wasn't sure which option you wanted to use for rolling stats ~ either straight six (whoa! I sounded like a car guy right there! SWEET!!), or 4d6c1 roll 4d6 cutting out the lowest roll. So, I created two characters: some schlepp, and some schlepp II, respectively. :lol: Each character got his own die roll, so whichever you decide to use I'll just nuke the unused method and rename the character to the actual character's name. ...damn, I'm such a problem solver. :ugeek: :lol:

SOME SCHLEPP
Stats: STR:15, INT:13, WIS:12, DEX:11, CON:10, CHR:8

SOME SCHLEPP II
Stats: STR:10, INT:15, WIS:11, DEX:16, CON:14, CHR:12

Sadly, I see a mediocre Fighter, or a Thief (no Bards in 1e :shock: ). Any suggestions? :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:41 am

Rik, we're using 3d6, any order. And I strictly forbid you from playing a cleric or thief. Does that help?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:10 am

tumblingdice wrote:Rik, we're using 3d6, any order.

Sorry I missed that in your initial post. :(

tumblingdice wrote:And I strictly forbid you from playing a cleric or thief. Does that help?

Eeek! :o :shock: :? Well that eliminates almost a third of the classes. :lol:
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:12 am

Any order, ok, so it looks like I have: 15, 13, 12, 11, 10, 8 to work with. Not bad really.
I'll have another gander at the LL Basic book again and see if these rolls qualify for anything fancy!
EDIT: I'm thinking Elf, so that's my first choice.
------------
STR: 13
DEX: 15
CON: 11
INT: 12
WIS: 10
CHA: 8
-------------
With the stats this way I don't get the 5%exp bonus, but 5% seems like a good sacrifice for bonuses in To/Hit & AC.

connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:10 pm

3d6 may seem harsh compared to 4d6 drop lowest, but in B/X D&D, +1 bonuses start at 13. If this were AD&D, where you usually need a 15 or higher to get a bonus, then 4d6 drop lowest would be appropriate.

At least you can put the scores in any order. :)

Elf is fine.
tumblingdice

Postby Hagakuri » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:24 pm

If there is room, i would love to play.
Hagakuri

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:32 pm

I would like to play a thief if possible.
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:37 am

connivingsumo wrote:Any order, ok, so it looks like I have: 15, 13, 12, 11, 10, 8 to work with. Not bad really.
I'll have another gander at the LL Basic book again and see if these rolls qualify for anything fancy!
EDIT: I'm thinking Elf, so that's my first choice.
------------
STR: 13
DEX: 15
CON: 11
INT: 12
WIS: 10
CHA: 8
-------------
With the stats this way I don't get the 5%exp bonus, but 5% seems like a good sacrifice for bonuses in To/Hit & AC.

Hey, I found a character image for you....
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings