Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:36 am

DAK

Hooks his toe around a chair leg and slides it out to sit down, "I likes cheese."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus smiles at the warm greeting. "Since you are familiar with Torm, perhaps you know of where there might be a temple to his honor in this city."

He sits at the table and orders beef and vegetables also, and thanks Jayce for ordering the round of ale, although he sips it rather than gulps. He also asks for water.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:43 pm

DAK

Remaining hooded, explains to Marcus about the local/regional temples - as far as he knows.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm

The innkeep starts to reply to Nahin, when the large, hooded stranger comes to the table. Instead of finishing his sentence to Nahin, he smiles at the hooded man and says, "Hello, Dak. How are you today?" he continues, "everyone, this is Dak. He works for Cromach, one of the local smiths. If you ever need a hand with any heavy work, Dak is your man." "Oh, excuse my manners, I'm Owenden, this here's my place. Our dinner is 3 SP, and our fine ale is the same price. We have a fairly limited menu, but I assure you, it's the most hearty fare you'll find in these parts."

Owenden looks at Han and smiles, saying, "Thank you, brother, but we don't have any organized gambling here in town. No one will stop you if you enjoy a friendly game between companions, but any heated games of chance are typically frowned upon." And half nodding, half bowing to Marcus, he says "Sorry, SIr, no shrine of Torm here, but I'm sure Baergon wouldn't mind you praying at the shrine of Tempus. It's not much, but with all the warriors around lately, that place has seen some visitors. It's on the other side of the marketplace, you can't miss it."

He takes your orders, and the prices are as he mentioned. The Red Wine takes a few minutes extra to produce, but it's an affordable, yet good wine. Cost of the wine, 5 SP.

As you get your meals, you find the food to be very good, certainly living up to Owenden's promises. Constantly throughout your meal, the happy tone of the inn is interrupted by the rude laughter and off-color comments of the two teamsters in the back. After noticing some of the patrons frowning upon the spectacle, Owenden approaches them, speaking to them in low tones, to which they reply by tossing a handful of coins at Owenden's feet, and they head to the door, pausing at your table, looking at the fellow introduced as Dak. The taller one, with stringy black hair says "Awww, look. Big ugly's made some new friends. Isn't that sweet?" The shorter, chubby one says, "It figures. Look at this crew... Elves and the Big Ugly guy... hey, you should keep better company." You see Owenden approaching, and they smirk at you, slowly turning to leave.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Nahin - Elf

Putting down his haunch of meat and looking at the teamsters: Indeed... with your egress from this place our company will be golden like the sun, birds will sing and flowers will bloom.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus stands. "Yes, Dak has new friends. If you were ever his companions, I'd say his lot has improved. I'd advise you to speak better to Dak in the future."
greyarea

Postby kjc » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Jayce - Fighter

Jayce smiles at the elf's (Nahin) comment and slowly stands up. Dak is a guest at our table, and where I come from if you insult my guest, you insult me. You gentlemen have drunk your fill, and now you are interrupting my supper, MOVE ALONG.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm

DAK

DAK pulls back his hood revealing his ugliness, "Ugly is in the heart, not the face."

connivingsumo

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Han Overfist, augur

"Well said my friend...it is far better to be a unique wolf than a common looking sheep"

"Tymora has favored you with the good luck to look like no one else"

"Excuse me while I make use of the latrine"

(walks out the same door as the teamsters, if they note Han he feigns being drunk once outside the door...if possible notes where they are headed...with the odd hand, slides out a length of rope with a slip not and opens it fairly wide...leans on two-handed flail for balance, if they are watching, to continue the drunk appearance...of course Han does not drink alcohol)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Rory waits until the unpleasantness of the teamsters passes. Taking a gander at the meals set out before everyone, he returns his gaze to his wine glass. "Well, now that I've unloaded my sobriety, a little bread and meat, if you please," he says to the barkeep.

"So," he says, leaning in toward Dak, then leaning back out a little after getting a closer look at him. "What is your story? I worked with a man who looked very much like you, back in Waterdeep. Good man to have around during a fight, as I wager you are too."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure