Player looking for LL PbP

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Player looking for LL PbP

Postby fumanstu » Mon May 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi all,

I'm testing the waters a little here, I'm a long time inactive RPGer, I've not played in probably getting on for 10 years or so now. As a teenager I played a lot of D&D and Warhammer before moving onto a quite heavy investment in World of Darkness with a smattering of other games - back in the days of the X-Files I really loved Conspiracy X. :) Anyway, time moved on, I met a girl etc and my gaming group went their seperate ways and time for playing kinda disappeared and soon I was married with a kid (and another on the way!) - I'm sure it's a story familiar to many of you. I'd pretty much forgotten about RPGing for a long time. When we moved recently, I found a few old books stashed away and that got me thinking.

Much Googling and browsing later and here I am - I found LL and gave it a read and liked what I saw, so over the last few weeks I've been testing out generating some characters and playing a little solo LL (inspired by the brilliant Solo Nexus and Tabletop Diversions blogs) but now I think I'm ready to dip my toe into a bit of PbP - I'm not kidding myself that I've got time to sit down properly and play (even with all these new tools that didn't exist when I played before) but I think a post or two a day would be right up my street.

So if anyone has a space for a newbie to LL and PbP, then I'd gladly take it or if anyone has any plans for starting something new, then I'd also be very interested. :)
fumanstu

Re: Player looking for LL PbP

Postby sonofotho » Tue May 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey Fu - Welcome to the boards. The Stonehell game is busting at the seams with 9 players now, which is about 3-4 more than normal, otherwise I would say jump in. But if you want to lurk for awhile, a slot may open up in the future!
Running the Stonehell LL sandbox game
Ran the Yendo LL AEC sandbox game (on hiatus....for now)
sonofotho

Postby fumanstu » Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks. :) Funnily enough, I was reading the Stonehell thread yesterday and it seems like you guys are having a great time, I'll definitely continue to lurk and follow along. :)
fumanstu

Postby sonofotho » Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm

fumanstu wrote:Thanks. :) Funnily enough, I was reading the Stonehell thread yesterday and it seems like you guys are having a great time, I'll definitely continue to lurk and follow along. :)

Would you be interested in taking over an existing character?
sonofotho

Postby fumanstu » Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Sure - that wouldn't be a bad idea, easier for me to get into the swing of things.
fumanstu

Postby sonofotho » Wed May 15, 2013 4:57 am

fumanstu wrote:Sure - that wouldn't be a bad idea, easier for me to get into the swing of things.

Cool - check the ooc thread in the Stonehell forum
sonofotho

Postby rredmond » Mon May 27, 2013 4:09 am

DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:17 am

I dig how you still have your sig from that pbp post game back in the day rredmond :mrgreen:

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby rredmond » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:56 am

They both make me laugh every time I see them.
I love stuff that make me laugh out loud on the interwebs. Both of these fit that criteria!
Pew pew! :lol:
--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Return to Gamer Gatherings