Skull Mountain: Another day another fortune... maybe...

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: Another day another fortune... maybe...

Postby Fearghus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 am

Einar, Thief

"Hrmm...", the thief murmurs. "Let me make way across the berm before the rest of you follow. This place is strange".

Einar flips up his cowl and makes his way across the berm, inspecting either side along the way.
Fearghus

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:46 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter

"I hate bugs. Then again, I hate most everything. But I really hate bugs. You don't suppose there's anything to this, is there?" He'll pause to see if his colleagues have any suggestions, or possibly just churning on through the bugs.

"I hate bugs too little friend. Let's try to find a quick way through them, so we can start killing and looting again."
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Einar slips the hood over his head and creeps across (Move Silently d100, 20, SUCCESS) the narrow berm.

The bugs, and there are lots of them, are busily eating, clambering over one another, and generally being giant bugs. The fungus gives off enough light to see by.

At the X on the map, Einar notices a dead lizardfolk covered in the locusts.

He makes it across and lowers his hood, looking back and waving at the rest of the party.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will haul A#% across the open area, saying "Let's keep some space, but hurry... we don't want to end up like lizard boy over there..."
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Grimes runs across the berm, his mail armor clinking as he does so. The locusts are noticeably disturbed and begin to whine more, the din growing louder. When he's about halfway across, he notices more of them launching into the air, perhaps to flee the noise, and (secret roll) three of them careen towards the halfling. (d20x3, 1, 11, 19, one hits) One of the subterranean locusts slams into Grimes (dmg d4, 1) but he keeps to his feet.

Grimes makes it safely across, to join Einar. The rest of the party--Dieter with his light source, Furuk and Dandy--remains on the other side of the cavern.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 31/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Dandy

"Err... ehh... I reckon the idear is to cross quietly then, eh?"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:33 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will wait for them to settle down a bit and then try his away across being as silent as possible. If they seem attracted to the light he will get back to where he came from.

OCC: We can tie a light to the light source and pull it across after were all safe or Dieter can make another one (at the cost of a potentially offensive spell).
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Dieter waits patiently and then moves slowly and as silently as he can across (DEX check, d20, 5, SUCCESS). The locusts start buzzing loudly again as if agitated, and Dieter moves back to where he came.

Dandy makes his statement but doesn't move.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes says to Einar "Do we have anything we could throw across into the mess of them as a distraction?" He thinks for a moment and says "Uh... I'm pretty small. I may be able to be a distraction. It might hurt a bit, but I could try?"

OOC: Grimes is thinking of perhaps making a ruckus to distract the things while the other three cross en masse. Any other ideas? My other option might be to cast my web (from the cloak) in some position to slow or stop the flying insects.... Hmmm...
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter

Grimes says to Einar "Do we have anything we could throw across into the mess of them as a distraction?" He thinks for a moment and says "Uh... I'm pretty small. I may be able to be a distraction. It might hurt a bit, but I could try?"

OOC: Grimes is thinking of perhaps making a ruckus to distract the things while the other three cross en masse. Any other ideas? My other option might be to cast my web (from the cloak) in some position to slow or stop the flying insects.... Hmmm...

Dandy 'whisper shouts' ..."Hey there brave Halflin - don do nuthin stupid thar lil'buddy - one'them bugs hit ye and took a chunk out'o ye! Magine what they'll all do!!"

Dandy ponders...

"Well... guess it'aint bout bein quiet! What did Einar do different than Grimes or Deeters? Cloak mebbe??"

ooc: "Gilligan liddl buddy!" ... I think I just dated myself there... :oops: :lol: :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain