Return to the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Return to the Manor

Postby greyarea » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:46 pm

The two people watch you for a while and then approach your table.

(tumblingdice and kjc, your cue)
greyarea

Re: Return to the Manor

Postby badams30 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes, in the middle of retelling his tale of jumping on the back of the dragon, and Dieter attacking it as an owl, yanks out one of the claws and makes a raking gesture with it to embellish the story. He takes note of the approaching newcomers, but continues his tale, hoping to cash in on a couple of free rounds of booze....
badams30

Postby kjc » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"...No, she was a trollup. The only 'it' she 'wanted' was your purse! Now can we please get on with this?" Shae asks her partner as they approach the table where the 'dragon-slayers' were holding court. She pauses for a moment to listen to the halfling's story, one eyebrow lifted to mirror the half smile on her lips.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 am

Castinus - human thief

"She was in love with me" Castinus says in reply to his companion. "At least until you walked in. Next time you come home stumbling drunk, stumble into your room, would you?"

The thief regards Grimes for a moment, taking a sip of ale as the the halfling tells his tale. "It's worth a shot," he says. His voice then drops to a whisper. "Maybe we can give him a half share of the treasure."

"Evening, gents," he says in greeting to the group.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk acknowledges the new visitors. He looks around the table to gauge the reaction of people while Grimes tells his story.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Dandy, dwarf cleric (autopilot)

Evening yourself, stranger. So is there something we can do for you two? Buying us a round of ale perhaps? Maybe you'd like to hear how we crossed the room of crickety death? says the dwarf
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Castinus gestures towards the barkeep, indicating a round of drinks for the group. "By all means," he says with a smile, seating himself at the companions' table.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Dieter - Mage

Good day to the both of you, join us! The more the merrier. Dieter will say to the new arrival as he takes another tug from his mug. I am Dieter and these are my friends Grimes, Furuk and Dandy. What brings you to this neck of the kingdom?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 am

Spanningtree wrote:Dieter - Mage

Good day to the both of you, join us! The more the merrier. Dieter will say to the new arrival as he takes another tug from his mug. I am Dieter and these are my friends Grimes, Furuk and Dandy. What brings you to this neck of the kingdom?

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"Good day indeed! Truly it is a delight to be in the company of a gentleman. For too long have I traveled with those who lack even the most basic of social graces," Shae says with a side-long glance at her associate. "I am Shaelyyndenel...but most call me Shae. He is Castinus...but most call him far worse."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 am

Castinus inclines his head in the direction of Shae's voice for a moment and appears to listen carefully. "Hmm...must have been the wind," he says finally, with a wink to the rest of table.

"Speaking of wind," he continues, "we've gotten wind of a certain opportunity. It involves ogres, however." He takes a sip of ale. "You interested?"
tumblingdice

Next

Return to Skull Mountain