Any interest in a new PbP?

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Any interest in a new PbP?

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:09 am

Got these stats from invisible castle: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3391743/

After swapping Con/Cha I'm thinking an elf to get up to a 19 dex. Could be a fighter or.... a gymnast. Not good looking enough to be a barmaid, might scare the customers away.

Str 16
Dex 18
Con 16
Int 13
Wis 14
Cha 8
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 am

Looks good to me! I'm working on getting the background together right now, will have up more this evening, and in the coming days. And elf would be a neat idea, especially in the area you'll be in. But whatever you decide.

But I must caution you: I will not relax the excessive backhair requirment for the barmaid class. That's where I draw the line.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:26 am

I'm going with a half-elven magic-user/thief. He's a regular outcast. :D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:30 am

Perfect! We love outcasts. As promised, I'm working on the info now, will PM you all with specifics soon.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:42 am

badams30 wrote:Critical hits/Critical Misses: I use an old table from Dragon magazine for criticals. A nat 20 is a critical hit, a natural 1 is a critical miss. The table adds some color to the battle.

Which issue is that from? I've used 20/critical hit = max damage and 1/critical miss = fumble/loss of action next round. I'd love to use an actual table and have the Dragon Magazine CD collection, so I'd like to see what that table has to offer (and maybe incorporate it into my campaign).
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:45 am

Not sure what to play. Looks like the party could use a cleric or paladin. Or maybe an assassin.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 am

greyarea wrote:Not sure what to play. Looks like the party could use a cleric or paladin. Or maybe an assassin.

Well, there have already been some interesting multi-class options presented. Perhaps you could create a paladin/assassin. :D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:26 am

tumblingdice wrote:
greyarea wrote:Not sure what to play. Looks like the party could use a cleric or paladin. Or maybe an assassin.

Well, there have already been some interesting multi-class options presented. Perhaps you could create a paladin/assassin. :D

A Victor the cleaner for the church. :twisted:
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 am

"I'm Lawful, well, um.... let's leave it at Lawful."

If the DM/LL will allow it, I would love to play an assassin/paladin. I love the idea. Kind of an action-oriented Tomás de Torquemada.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 am

The Crit Hits tables were from Dragon #39, 1980. Check em' out, they are neat.

With the arc I have in mind, I don't think an assassin would work. Sorry. A paladin, however, would be very useful, and some great adventure-inspired opportunites. But whatever you want to make, I'm game!

Okay - I'll be PMing you all in a few minutes wiht the rules and the background. Scanner is acting crazy, so maps will follow tomorrow, other than one I found online....
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings