Skull Mountain: The Sacrifice

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Sacrifice

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Dieter - Mage

Getting out of the boat and helping with the haul he will speak to Grimes: Lets leave the boats until we wake, sink them after. An option in the pocket is better than none. Dieter will hit the books.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Furuk assists the others in setting up a campsite.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm

The party sets camp and begins their watch and rest.

Early in the morning (what is assumed to be morning, you're still deep in the cave after all, but you got sleep), Dandy shakes Furuk, Dieter and Grimes awake. He holds a finger to his mouth in a quiet motion and then leads you to the mouth of the tunnel that leads to the beach you are camping on. In the distance you can hear fighting.

Dandy whispers, I heard it a few minutes ago. At first I couldn't tell what it was, but then when I got closer to the tunnel it became obvious. Sounds like it might be over soon. Think we should go find out?

The party is at the red X

The boats are both on the shore. A glance out to the water, you can see the far island with the domes but no patrol boats. Either they are running dark or not at all.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 28/34
--Furuk 23/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 22/23
Einar 0/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Grimes - fighter
Grimes quickly dons his armor and gets geared up, keeping a keen ear on the sounds. "wonder what the ruckus is? Do you suppose it has something to do with our colleagues on the top?". (wasn't it a thieves guild helping us?.... Also, how is the Elf, and our weak kneed porters?)
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am

The thieves guild lead by Bars helped your assault on the Skull Mountain entrance but didn't pledge to help further. Whether they tried to retake their old base of operations is a mystery.

The Elf, Greenstar, and the Gnome, Gatto, are dead. They were killed along with the charmed darkling captain by the dragon's acid breath.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:26 am

OOC: Oof. Sorry, don't know why, but I thought the elf was still alive. Eeeek. Thanks for clearing that up. He is a halfling on the edge, but his memory is obviously OVER the edge.

Grimes says "I keep forgetting, I have good ol' Einar's cloak. Want me to stroll ahead a bit and see what is up?" Assuming no one objects, Grimes will go ahead invisible and see what's going on, then report back to the group exactly what he sees.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:49 am

Dieter - Mage

Hmmm... I wonder if it's those locusts chewing on something. I guess a check wouldn't be a bad idea Grimes.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 am

Grimes slips on the hood of the cloak and disappears...

Imagine this a halfling on the edge rather that some girl from a cartoon
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:04 am

Dieter - Mage

Dieter's eyebrow arches, his head crooks a bit. "So, thats what Grimes looks like." he thinks to himself. Content that everything is better in the world he nods.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes comes from around the corner (visible), dragging a severly wounded Gnome with a spear in his chest. He shouts "Give me a hand! And some healing, please!"

As the group comes to help, Grimes explains: "a bunch of gnomes was fighting a bunch of the lizards at the bridge over the lava down that way (pointing) they all killed each other, 'cept for this poor fella. He made it to me and passed out, but not before he asked me about Gatto. I didn't tell him anything yet. Figured he needed some healing and rest before we tell him the story. But as I said, looks like they killed each other to a man. Poor fellas, but at least they took the lizards with em'.

Grimes will do his best to make the Gnome comfy, and once he can get some healing and stabilization, we should probably move out. Grimes will help carry or assist the gnome in walking. At any rate, we need to get moving before the bad guys figure out which way we came. And if Deiter and the others still approve, lets hole the boats and push em' out into deep water where they can slowly fill and sink.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain