2. The Asanda River

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 2. The Asanda River

Postby badams30 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide shakes his head and holds his hands up in feigned frustration. He makes a dismissive gesture and sits back down, ignoring the kids but keeping a watchful eye on them and the surroundings, just in case.

As the children come aboard, Aristide says to no one in particular "Might be a good idea to check them out or something, remember... the Master and all that rubbish? Although he probably has better spies than this lot.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:47 pm

ROIKOS: Cleric
Looks at Aristide and nods, "I agree." The Cleric's voice picks up in volume as he addresses everyone on the raft, but looks directly at the children, "Danger lurks in all shapes and sizes; do not be foolish and let your guard down. No worthy person likes suffering - especially that of the young - but remember our enemy has no such compassion." Seeing the children are being fed, he turns his attention to fastening their raft to his own so they have means of debarking.

Once that task is complete, he addresses the children - in a kind tone - to understand what they saw and what they experienced. He wants to get any detail of what they know, or might know.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby saalaria » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Joffrey

Jeffrey helps to feed the new arrivals but quickly returns to scanning the horizon for enemies.
He doesn't feel they are a real threat.
saalaria

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Taranna

Taking a look at the ruffians she will ask: Hello! Is there anything more dangerous than the lot of you about? What do you run from?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Zelaz says with a smile, Taranna, obviously they are the most dangerous things in the area. The real question is, now that we've won them over with our gift of food are there other dangers that we should be aware of.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 pm

The young begin filling their mouths with any food you offer, ripping it out of your hands. Once they've had their fill, they begin to talk. "Because you have fed us," Tania declares, we shall show you mercy--"

"Oh, shut up!" Dahn scolds, giving Tania a shove. "They're the ones showing mercy."

Tania glares at Dahn. "I will deal with your insolence later." She turns to face you. "Our village was attacked three days ago. Riders came out of the desert. They killed everyone they met. Some of our people gave up. They killed them, too."

The third child, also a boy, speaks up. "They dragged an idol at the front of their army. It had a monstrous face too hideous to describe!"

"You're crazy, Neru," Dahn said. "Zombies don't drag idols."

"Silence!" Tania yelled. "The army headed north, up the river. That's why we're going south, to Pramayama, or any other village that will take us."

Actions? Who wants to be the bearer of bad news?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide rolls his eyes at the antics of the children. When he hears of the fate of the village, he glances at the others, then back at the children. When they mention Pramayama, Aristide smiles and says "Excellent idea, you'll be right at home in lovely Pramayama. We've left an associate there, he'll tend to you. Best to be on your way now, yes?"

Aristide makes a dismissive wave toward the kids and says to the others "Wonderful. Devastation and this cursed army seem to be our destination. Just great. Does anyone have any idea how much farther we need to go?"
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:52 pm

ROIKOS: Cleric
... seriously considers the consequences of drowning the mouthy girl... then prays and meditates for forgiveness.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Taranna

Taranna sits down and listens to the children's tale. Our path is clear.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Zelaz takes the opportunity to inspect their wretched little craft. He sneers in displeasure.

No need to lie to children, Aristide. Tania is a leader and a warrior and is deserving of the truth. They are more victims of this war than are we. And more defenseless.

He turns to Tania, Your boat will hardly make it to Pramayama, much less further. And there are dangers on this river, even if the army has gone away. This war has been devastating and there are powers here that are dangerous too all, not to mention children. I say keep moving downstream until you find a place of peace. We head upstream to bring the war to those forces of evil that are causing such horrors. Wish us luck as we go. I would take ones as courageous as you with us, for courage is needed in this fight, but your safety is more important than our needs.

See this magnificent beast that I ride? It is a giant crab, with pincers that can crush your raft in a second and a shell that can turn your arrows and blades easily. I command it, for I am power. I give it to you, Tania, to command. It will help see you safe to a more welcoming place downstream. Ride it until you see no more black smoke, fish off it to feed your bellies, and let it fight for you against those beasts that you come across.

And when we meet again, after this war is done, I will come back for my crab. Perhaps, I will teach you ways arcane if you wish or introduce you to one that will teach you command in battle, like Sir Joffery here. Deal?

If she agrees then he will command his crab to carry them and to listen to her commands in his absence.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads