Interlude in Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude in Hommlet

Postby merias » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:22 am

Effric will take a sip of the red potion.

ooc: Just the green one left, kjc you got this...
merias

Postby badams30 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:09 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances at the others as Burne asks for the amulet and he says "Certainly, you can have it. Most of those we encountered had this symbol on a cloak or something. But they were obviously organized." Thurwin will show them the map the captive leader drew us and comments "As you can see, there is considerable activity here. We'll of course continue to explore and report back to you on what we find."

Thurwin will repeat our journey concentrating on the area and encounters beneath the temple area.

OOC: Hey! The amulet got them interested. Great. At least they'll listen to us now.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Burne nods to Thurwin. Please do. In the meantime, I will take this to the council. Rufus and I are newcomers there, but something like this might get their attention.

Effric sips the red potion with the flecks of gold. The world appears to slow down for him for a moment, and then return to normal. (Potion of Speed)

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4,2>
Pax 9/9
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <CLW>
Father Redmond 13/13 <>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:05 pm

"My brother speaks truly," Morgan says."I've not heard of the Earth Cult, but whatever is under the temple is certainly organized and means to overrun us all. Nulb, Hommlet. We're all in danger, and all in this together."

Morgan puts his hands on his hips. "Now, let's take care of all this wealth so that we can think about more important things." He'll ask the two if they know where we can cash in the loot.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:51 pm

There is a money changer and jeweler not far from the Church of St Cuthbert and a trader across the way from it.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin offers the robe he took from the temple to the brothers as proof if needed. Would this help in any way?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby J.L. Duncan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:26 am

greyarea wrote: Have you more information for us?

Pax steps forward.

Pax: "The captives that we rescued were stripped naked and being held against their will... The earth amulet you say, was in possession of a ghoul." How long will it take you gentlemen to present to the council?

We we're planning a second excursion. But while we get our affairs in order to do so any help would be appreciated.

OoC: Sorry got caught up out of town and for some reason could not log in.

Pax will be looking to upgrade his armor and weapon-and find someone to care for Mattie at his absence. As well as resupply enough for a long campaign once (or if) he is allowed a piece of the spoils he can make a list of what he's specifically looking for.
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby kwll » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:00 am

Calthas steps forward and addresses the two brothers: "Given the gravity of the situation, would you be willing to detach some armed men to help us explore the temple's underground?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby GreyKatana » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:42 am

Father Redmond will stay in the background and listen intently, frowning at the mention of dark priest and black mass.
GreyKatana

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:41 am

As Rufus looks on grimly, Burne says, The council meets at the full moon. That would be ... he does figures in his head ... in three weeks or so. I'm sure they will be interested in hearing about this. I thank you too for the robe, although I doubt it will be any more persuasive.

As to giving men to this cause, I'm afraid we haven't any to spare. Perhaps if this were Verbobonc or Dyvers you could hire men: those towns are far larger than we. Here in the sticks, we haven't the men. Perhaps when our castle is done, we will attract a force that can range about but for now we are the only protection that Hommlet has. I'm sorry, but we just can't spare the men.

It does appear that you have more among you than last I saw you. I'm sure that will be enough, provided the Temple isn't at full strength, and I'm sure we;d know if it were.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk