LL play-by-post: The Sarcophagus Legion (Full)

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: LL play-by-post: The Sarcophagus Legion

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 am

Alrighty then - if the rolls allow, I'll do a magic user and - if not - then it'll be a fighter. Hopefully the dice gods don't give me rolls that are sucky for both!! :twisted: :lol:

I'll post it tomorrow.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby OldSchool » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:37 am

Nah - I might as well go elf, then, since we have one cleric in the midst.

Looks like:

STR 18, DEX 17, CON 15, INT 16, WIS 10, CHA 7
OldSchool

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:59 pm

OldSchool wrote:Nah - I might as well go elf, then, since we have one cleric in the midst.

Excellent! I've updated the old roster a few posts back to reflect its current line-up.

Well, Connivingsumo, all eyes are on you...what's it gonna be? No bards or monks, now, you hear? :)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 pm

tumblingdice wrote:
OldSchool wrote:Nah - I might as well go elf, then, since we have one cleric in the midst.

Excellent! I've updated the old roster a few posts back to reflect its current line-up.

Well, Connivingsumo, all eyes are on you...what's it gonna be? No bards or monks, now, you hear? :)

Yup - loud & clear - no monks or bards... those aren't in LL core rules, but isn't there psionics in there somewhere?? hahaha :D

If Old School has the rolls to do an Elf (which he clearly does - nice rolls Old School!!), then I'm going to go with a Cleric. Elves can do the same spells as MUs so having another person that can wear decent armor, heal, turn, etc. might be good to have along.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:15 pm

connivingsumo wrote:...having another person that can wear decent armor, heal, turn, etc. might be good to have along.

Well, the adventure is called The Sarcophagus Legion. Judging by what is usually found in one, I would say a party with two clerics is an excellent idea.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Still waiting for Dan to open up our game in the pbp section. In the meantime, feel free to work on your characters. A few house rules and suggestions to keep things simple and enjoyable, plus save you a few coppers:

1) Don't bother calculating encumbrance, as long as your selection of equipment is reasonable. Later on, I'll share a suggested encumbrance and movement system that will keep things moving quickly.

2) You don't need to buy food, as your employer will provide you with a week's worth of rations. On the other hand, you will be traveling in the desert, so bringing an extra waterskin or two could save your life.

3) Assume that all metal armor (with the exception of studded leather) comes with a helmet, and all other armor does not. The absence of inclusion of a helmet is already figured into the armor's base AC. Furthermore, your AC applies to your whole body. Thieves and MU's relax - your head won't be any more vulnerable than the rest of you.

4) You can reveal your character's alignment to the other players if you want to, but you don't have to. You must reveal it to me, however.

That's it for now. I'll collect and post house rules and such in a separate thread once the game starts.
tumblingdice

Postby Professor P » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Do you have a particular way you want the character sheet laid out?
Rolling my Percent Chance to Know to parse Dungeons and Dragons.
Professor P

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Professor P wrote:Do you have a particular way you want the character sheet laid out?

Yes. I have a suggested template I will post tonight when I get out of work. <nonchalant whistle>
tumblingdice

Postby Professor P » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Work, man, it really cramps time better spent on gaming.
Rolling my Percent Chance to Know to parse Dungeons and Dragons.
Professor P

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:47 am

So, you won't be using the testsubo, then? :)
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings