Skull Mountain: The Sacrifice

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Sacrifice

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Experience Points

I've done some math :)

I've decided to award every remaining (and I'm including Einar in this equation) player character 29,000 experience points. That will raise a few of you more than one level, which is interesting but unavoidable (and had I been awarding all along, we still likely would have encountered this problem, as the dragon and his hoard comprised most of the XP awarded).
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 am

Grimes - Fighter

As Gruber casually dismisses the claims of our dragon slaying, Grimes will nonchalantly pull the dragons claws from his sack and plop it on the table for effect, saying "oh, there was a dragon, I assure you." And before we leave, Grimes will say almost offhandedly, "Oh, do you know a Bars Tolvik?"

OOC: Let's see what he says.... depending on his reaction, Grimes may make something colorful up. But he won't disclose the documents we have.
And Grimes is fine with giving the porters 100gp. Perhaps we could hire them if they aren't interested in going home.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Master Grüber raises an eyebrow as the dragon claws are revealed.

May I? he asks, as he picks one up from the table and strokes it. Very nice. Very very nice. If you fellows have dragon's blood too, I know someone in the Capital who would be interested. He's a mage who specializes in such things.

He looks over at Grimes, So perhaps I misjudged about the dragon. I just was skeptical, that's all. As to Mr. Tolvik, of course I've heard of him. I don't know the fellow but I do know that the Captain of the Guard is looking for him. He replaces the dragon's claw and folds his arms across his wide chest. He's been setting up a crime syndicate in more than a few of Sir Taris' villages as well as those owned by other Lords in the area. They call themselves the Haberdashers or somesuch. We've seen less activity from them in the past few months. The Captain of the Guard seems to think that they've been somehow split up by infighting and might have regressed to regular banditry along the countryside. When Aiden was kidnapped, we at first suspected Tolvik's crew but soon discovered that it was the Obsidian Heart resurgence that was connected to the crime. Believe me, if it had just been those Haberdasher fellows, we would have sent the town's men-at-arms to handle the situation. The cult made us rethink that and hire you instead.

He regards Grimes, narrowing his eyes. How did you come by that name? Do you happen to know where he is? I think the Captain of the Guard would be interested in bringing him in if you do.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes smiles in satisfaction at Gruber's acceptance of the Dragon story. He thoughtfully puts the claws back in his pack.

As Gruber asks about Bars, Grimes casts a quick glance at the others. If anyone gives him the "SHUT UP" look, he'll just make up something, otherwise, he'll say "Mr. Tolvik won't be bothering you again. We killed him as he was plotting to take control of the mountain and use it as his base of operations for the area. An unsavory fellow that one was."
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will flash the "SHUT UP" look at Grimes. When they are away from Gruber: I think we should have the document we found scrutinized more before talking to Gruber... for all we know he was in on the whole thing. Best not to trust folks you have not been to war with.

Dieter would like to get the magic items identified ASAP and then find their revived friends. If that works for everyone else.

OCC: If the GM could roll 2 levels of hit points I'll level Dieter up to 6th (yay!!).
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Grimes - Fighter

As Dieter gives Grimes "the look" He says in reply to Gruber "Just wondering. We heard his name mentioned while underground, not sure who or what it was." He shrugs and says "No matter. That place won't be troubling anyone anymore.

Since Grimes harvested a bunch of the claws, he'll casually set one next to Gruber and says "Here ya go. A momento. Pretty sure this fella was the root of all the problems within that mountain."

Grimes will grab the tankard and slam the contents in one hearty drag....
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Dieter gets (2d4, 4+3=7) 7 new hit points from his leveling up.

Grimes, please remove one dragon claw from your inventory.
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:11 am

Furuk enjoys the free meal and eats as much as he can. He listens to Gruber, but is really only interested in what he says about the payment.

"Thank you for the meal. I'm ready to rest up at the Rat and Pig. Are they expecting us over there Gruber?"
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 am

Master Grüber replies to Furuk, I'm afraid they aren't expecting you anywhere, since I wasn't even expecting you here. However, Jayson will accompany you to the inn of your choice and let the owner know your bills will be handled by us.

Any other requests before Jayson leads you to your destinations?

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Furuk checks to make sure he has his new land title and payment.

"Nothing at the moment. You know where to find us if you need anything else."
Craigers07

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain