Ran a game Friday night

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Ran a game Friday night

Postby ArcherSix » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:53 pm

I ran a game last Friday night. A good time was had, I had a blast running it. I last ran LL a few months ago as a 1st level game. There were 2 dead characters and almost a TPK on 2 occasions. It ended with the decimated party leaving the dungeon and mixed reviews of the game.
So this time I started everyone at 4th level. The end result was good, everyone had a good time. There were times when the outcome was uncertain and some characters were gravely injured but no fatalities(in the party).

I was inspired by the mentions of the Evil High Priests (EHP) in the OD&D set. The party was travelling through a wooded area and came upon a small village. The Village was attacked during their annual Maple Syrup Festival (long story) by a large pack of Gnolls. The party was there to save the day, but they found out after the skirmish that it was simply a feint to mask the real attack on the local church, where the bishop was killed and the village's religious relics were stolen...(fingerbones of St. Auron. What do they do? What powers do they have?).

The party (with the help of a local forrester and a few men at arms loaned by the grateful and elderly local baron) tracked the thieving Gnolls to a Haunted Castle in the mountains that had been recently taken over by the EHP and his Gnoll and Ogre minions. The party was able to clear the top level of the keep, but the EHP escaped into the dungeon levels. That's where we called it a night.

Next time, the descent into the depths.

We all had a great time. The party consists of 2 human fighters, an elven M-U, a 1/2 Orc Ftr/Thief, Human thief and a Dwarven Cleric. They were assisted by the Woodsman(human ranger) and the 2 man at arms(human fighters). Hopefully we'll be able to play again soon :-)
ArcherSix

Re: Ran a game Friday night

Postby petespahn » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Sounds great!
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Return to Labyrinth Lord