Bissel

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Bissel

Postby badams30 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:31 am

greyarea wrote:Acquire's eyes brim with tears when Grimes tells her to stay. I could come with you. I'm not defenseless, you know, and am good in a fight. And the cold doesn't affect me: I'm used to the icy depths.

Grimes reluctantly agrees to let Acquire accompany the group if the others don't mind. He is afraid of the outcome, but if she insists. He tells her "I'd rather you stay, as I'd promised to get you back to your people, but if you wish to accompany us, I will not object."

OOC: Maybe she can assist us. I'd hate to see her get killed after being captive, but whatever. She's a free woman, uh... siren....
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Castinus joins Zissou and Grimes in their prayers to Poseidon. He remembers how Grimes rescued him from drowning back at White Plume Mountain, and wishes to give thanks for something.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will bow out of the meeting and head for the door (after nabbing two draughts of healing). In town he will try to find a magic shop or the like. He's shopping to replace his ring of protection. He will also purchase a short (1') rod of wood to cast continual light on, he'd like his flashlight back.

OCC: 2 potions of healing added to sheet. Light shaft added to sheet (in a scroll tube)
OCC: Spell load out = magic missile x2, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, rope trick, lightning bolt, slow, Evard's black tentacles, arcane eye
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Here is Dandy's full spell list for the road:

< CLW x6, Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak with the Dead, Glyph of Warding, Protection from evil 10', CSW, create food and water >

He will also seek out the priestess of Belenus to see if she has any scrolls available he can take with him.
merias

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Spanningtree wrote:Dieter - Mage

Dieter will bow out of the meeting and head for the door (after nabbing two draughts of healing). In town he will try to find a magic shop or the like. He's shopping to replace his ring of protection. He will also purchase a short (1') rod of wood to cast continual light on, he'd like his flashlight back.

OCC: 2 potions of healing added to sheet. Light shaft added to sheet (in a scroll tube)
OCC: Spell load out = magic missile x2, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, rope trick, lightning bolt, slow, Evard's black tentacles, arcane eye

Ye Olde Mage Shoppe is drafty and cold. The proprietors appear to be a husband and wife team, older than Dieter can identify. Surely some of the oldest people he's ever met. They don't look uncomfortable at all in the cold, both in light robes (she in a shawl as well, but of a light knit) and there is no great fire: only a small on warming a kettle in the corner. Some of the potions on the shelves seem slushy, as if partly frozen. Other magic items are in full view, or at least appear to be.

When shown the Ring of Protection, the woman says, So what do you want for it? Or were you looking for a trade in? We got most of what you can think of, or else we can acquire it given a few weeks.

The husband just sits in his chair eating a sandwich.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Dieter - Mage

OCC: Please forgive the long winded post...

Turning the ring over in his palm he will eventually slip it on trying to ascertain it's protective power. I have coin and items for trade. How powerful does this ring protect? What other items do you have that might be of interest to a group looking for the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth? By all appearances this will be an epic undertaking....

OCC: Can Dieter ascertain the plus of the item?

Making side conversation with the proprietors: Have you heard of the Heart? Supposed to be located in the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth? Any insights into it? It's destruction?
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:20 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk bids farewell at the temple and joins the others in town to make preparations before leaving.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:50 pm

The shop-keeper looks at the ring. That is rather weak, especially if you seek to find the Lost Caverns. We can upgrade that for you to give you twice or thrice it's potency. We haven't the variety that protect others as well, at least not in this shoppe. We can procure them for you but it will take at least a month for them to get here. If the world doesn't freeze over by then, at least.

That one, I will buy for 500 gold. We can sell you the others at 5000 and 10000 each. Trade in, we can offer 750, so you'd take that off the price. You seems a knowledgeable wizard, I'm sure you can work out the sums.

(By inference, Dieter can assume that the ring he has is Protection +1. She is offering +2 and +3 varieties.)

Good luck finding the Lost Caverns. They are called that for a reason, sonny. I assume that you mean the Heart of Shakak, which is supposed to be hanging in the inner sphere in the lesser caverns.

She's interrupted by the man, who gets up from the chair. No, no, no. That's in the greater caverns, which are below the lesser ones. It is said to be accessed behind the rainbow cavern in the lesser caverns.

Yes, you're right honey. I got confused. It's been so long since we heard the tale. Anyway, who knows if those that told the tale were truthful.

True. No one who has gone looking for the Lost Caverns has returned. Perhaps they were all lost. Of course, no one doubts if the Heart of Shakak is real. However, it can only be destroyed by Items of Power that are at least as strong as it. You would need to find those, and there are very few.

We don't sell those in our shop, sonny, so don't bother asking, says the woman with a wink.

As to other items we have, I'm not sure what would be useful to your group. A new wand perhaps? Or perhaps these Eyes of Magnification, which could be helpful for seeing afar? Or, oo, I know, this Instant Fortress, which could be used in place of tents. It doesn't come with a heater but it would keep out the wind and keep you safe within. It's a mere 50000 gold and with it you get the words to activate it or return it to cubic form for easy travel...
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Dieter - Mage

Hmmm... behind the rainbow cavern, in the lesser cavern we can find the lower cavern and the heart. I appreciate the lead.

Stroking he chin and leaning on the table. He will mull over the items for a moment and then sit down. Rumaging through his pack he will start to place items on the table:

I have some sundry coins, gold and gems here that are as liquid as any financial instrument. He says placing the following on the table:
700 gp ring
Set of five small 100 gp rubies.
Sack with 11PP, 3X50GP black pearls and 5 x 100Gp diamonds, 8 x 100Gp green pearls and 19 x 50GP fire opals

And of course this is rare as a dragons tooth. He mutters placing one of the two black dragons teeth he has on the table.

This, this is something that you might never see again. He says putting the Tomb of Cruel Lies on the table.

Producing the mask of terror and arching an eyebrow: This will give enemies the scare of their lives.

While not holding many charges now, it can be recharged. He will say placing a wand of polymorph self on the table. If you don't want to be yourself.

I will trade it all for your most powerful ring of protection and the fortress. What do you think? Of course, my comrades and I, we are just trying to save this world. He will say looking at both of them with a shrug.

OCC: Dieter is asking for a ring +3 and the instant fortress for the above items.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:13 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will urge Aquire to go out with him and obtain some gear (her choice, Grimes will happily pay for it) and Grimes will ask where he can find some porters to hire. We will need to get some extra food and hire some strong arms for the walk...
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain