3. Save a Horse...

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 3. Save a Horse...

Postby Spanningtree » Tue May 01, 2012 12:40 am

OC: I didn't see any outcome from Soldath's action posted. Was it an oversight, slow searching, etc?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 am

Spanningtree wrote:OC: I didn't see any outcome from Soldath's action posted. Was it an oversight, slow searching, etc?

Oops! Sorry, a search of Fyodorll reveals:

a suit of chain mail that looks to be of fine quality, possibly magical
a fancy ring (210 gp)
a pouch with 25 pp (foreign currency)
a scroll with magical writing on it
long sword
long bow
quiver of 20 arrows
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue May 01, 2012 3:15 am

Soldath - Mage

Soldath will take a closer look at the paper with magic writing. Can he make anything out of it w/o read magic? He'll also take a look around for any darts that he threw.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Soldath, while you cannot decipher the scroll without the use of a read magic spell, you can tell that there are two spells on the scroll, and that they both appear to be the same spell.

There are no darts to recover, since you didn't throw any darts during this encounter.

Athelstan, there's a spare saddle and bridle or two.

"We should spend the night here," Taras advises. "It will take us a full day to get back to Sukiskyn with all these horses."

Taras begins rubbing down the horses you've ridden all day, giving extra care to the ones wounded in battle.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan smiles at Taras' decision to stay the night. "Stay here? Sounds good to me. We could all use a good night's rest.
Athelstan will help the others search the area and structures thoroughly. As for watch duty, Athelstan will take a longer shift if needed to allow our Cleric and Wizard to regain spells.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Tret, rogue

Screw the horses, I say we go and kill all of the goblins. Kill the horse thieves and you don't have to worry about them anymore. Then you can rear horses in peace. But if we're spending the night... Tret begins collecting any large rocks he can find to build a cairn for his friend.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Seeing Tret gathering materials for Jarek's burial, he'll assist him however he can.
As for chasing the goblins... "Don't worry, we'll get the goblins. Let's get these horses back tomorrow morning, and then we can set out against the goblins. They aren't going anywhere... and I wouldn't dream of missing out on a chance to hurt some goblins."
badams30

Postby kipper » Tue May 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius will cast CLW on Athelstan before turning in to rest for the night. (I'd recommend CLW to go towards HP recovery instead of curing blisters, but it's up to Athelstan I guess :D)
kipper

Postby Spanningtree » Tue May 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Soldath - Mage

Soldath will cut the scroll in half if it appears to be a copy of the same spell twice. He'll give one half to Biz: Not sure what it is but better to share than be an ass.

He'll collect the ring and 25pp letting folks know he'll divvy them up later.

He'll approach Tret as he buries Jarek and say: For what it's worth I am sorry about Jarek, I know you were close.

Finally he'll help make a fire and sit down to study his spells by the fireside.

OCC: Inventory updated with unknown scroll, fancy ring (party) and 25pp (party) added to inventory. Study sleep, magic missile and continual light x 2. Any rations to deduct?
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue May 01, 2012 5:10 pm

No need to deduct rations. You can raid the bandits' wagons for enough food for tonight and tomorrow.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror