Through the Never

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Through the Never

Postby kjc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Shae - Fighter/Mage
After awhile Shae dusts herself off and stands. Noting that Castinus put in a perfunctory effort of comforting her before dashing off to check the loot, she makes a mental checkmark on her feminine "Things to Punish Him for Later" list.
Walking over to the Glaive, she begins to examine the weapon. 'Hmmm, if I were to stab him in the heart with this, he MIGHT have an inkling of how I feel right now,' she thinks as she glares at him.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Shae tests the Glaive which she throws a few times. It returns to her hand safely, that is when she doesn't make the spinning dagger thing dance in the air with her mind.

The rainbow wand is yet unclaimed, as is the Bag of Tricks.

The party moves from this room to the center room, where you notice that the purple eye over the door is gone. Entering through that door you see the mauve mist but the room is otherwise quite different. The eyes that once covered the walls and ceiling are gone: the bare metal is all that remains.

The mist parts, revealing Umboðsmanni ógöngur, the many eyed, purple, potato-looking thing. He appears to have more eyes than ever, as if those from the walls and other places were recalled to him. He looks at the party and you hear, Ahh, good. I was expecting you. I am all packed and ready to return to my home plane, but waited for you as you would be stuck here without me. Since you killed my captor, I thought it only fair. Ready to go?

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 27/27 < Magic Missile, Sleep, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud, Fireball, Hold Person >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious wounds >
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 22/22 < >
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Dieter - Mage

Yes, we fought a very hard battle. I wanted to ask you if you knew what undursamlegur means... any ideas?

What would it take to secure my eye from you?

If we decide to let you transport us where would you take us?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Umboðsmanni ógöngur floats in the mist.

As I recall, you were headed to a destination when I was forced to stop you short, bringing you here. I would gladly send you on to your original destination, or back to your original source, or elsewhere I suppose. The choice is yours.

That word you mention is familiar. Fabulous. Wonderful. Amazing. Wondrous. Something of that nature. I never got the hang of languages. Haven't the ear for it, I suppose.

And I thank you for the gift of your eye. It is a most... undursamlegur addition to my collection. I'm afraid I cannot part with it. I'm sure you can find your own replacement. That artificial thing you tried to give me. Or perhaps a gemstone or a robin's egg, that might work. I do think you'd look wonderful (or are we saying undursamlegur these days?) with a patch, like some Odin-come-lately.

Anyway, I'm ready when you are. If you don't give me a new destination, well I will have to send you on where you were going before.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Dieter - Mage

Understood... One moment.

Dieter will pop the artificial eye, whatever it is, into his socket. How do I look? He will ask his comrades.

Dieter will ask his comrades for a brief huddle. I think we should let this... thing... transport us to where we were going. We made a commitment we still have to make good on. What are your thoughts.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes groans loudly at Dieter's suggestion that we make good on our deal. "Grrr... I want to poke this guy so bad I can taste it. But Dieter is smarter than me, so sure, let's go to our original destination. I guess. Whatever Deets says, that's where Grimes goes."

OOC: F'n eyeball guy. I think we all ought to do our best Three Stooges YOINK! maneuver and poke him in his eyes, steal Dieter's back and then run...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Dieter - Mage

Aye, Grimes, I would like nothing more than to start a tussle with this thing but I did enter into the agreement willingly. The outcome was better than I expected actually. He will say with a shrug. Most of us survived.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:25 am

Castinus takes the Bag of Tricks. Maybe he can sleep in it when Shae's mad at him.

"I'm with you there, Grimes," he says in hushed tones. "But it's not over yet. Once we make good on our promise, then we can do whatever we want. Right?"
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:37 am

Incidentally, the Umboðsmanni ógöngur contiues, I happen to know something of where you are going. It is a place of great power. Aligned strongly with the forces of Entropy. I've seen it through the eye of a Roc from your world.

Somewhere under a lost and lonely hill of grim and foreboding aspect lies a labyrinthine crypt. It is filled with terrible traps and not a few strange and ferocious monsters to slay the unwary. It is filled with rich treasures both precious and magical, but in addition to the aforementioned guardians, there is said to be a demi-lich who still wards his final haunt (Be warned that tales told have it that this being possesses powers which make him nearly undefeatable). Accounts relate that it is quite unlikely that any adventurers will ever find the chamber where the demi-lich lingers, for the passages and rooms of the Tomb are fraught with terrible traps, poison gases, and magical protections. Furthermore, the demi-lich has so well hidden his lair, that even those who avoid the pitfalls will not be likely to locale their true goal. So only large and well-prepared parties of the bravest and strongest should even consider the attempt, and if they do locate the Tomb, they must be prepared to fail.

Of course, you defeated my gaoler, so perhaps you are good enough. Be prepared though, the Tomb is a place of tricks that make the puzzle the Preposito left for you seem like child's play.

Now, please, I would like to return to my home plane soon. Shall we?

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 am

Dieter - Mage

Looking at his comrades, putting his hand on Dandy's: Are we ready?
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain