1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Marion - Hobbit

Knocks the ash out of her pipe. Chimes in "Perhaps we follow the bear's blood trail?"

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Tret, rogue

"Good idea, Marion. Let's do that."
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Day 7, Moldain, Thaumont 7th, Misha's Ferry, nightfall

The group splits in two as some of you head outside to search for Misha, while the rest of you search her house for food and useful information. For simplicity's sake, and dramatic effect, I will dispense with separate turns and private messages and list the results of both investigations here.

Outside
Renardius, Athelstan, Tret, Igli, and Marion, you make your way back down the path towards the river. The gray clouds in the western sky glow crimson as the sun sets behind the trees. A breeze from the east stirs as you move.

You stick to the agreed-upon plan: as far up and down the river, and partially into the woods, as you can get and back before dark.

Your search turns up little of interest. Trails skirt the bank of the Volaga, clogged with mud from the day's rainfall. The road continues south from the ferry, presumably towards Sukiskyn. Renardius finds a bat in the outhouse, and you can hear his plate armor clinking as he leaps back in sur--I mean makes a strategic retreat. In the woods Marion spots evidence of the trail Misha's bear left--right frog :D--but loses sight of it once it crosses a clearing. Birds and creatures of the forest go about their business.

Before you know it, darkness has fallen, and the lights from Misha's cottage grow in size as you make your way back. The only sound is the crunching and slopping of your boots on wet leaves, twigs and mud. But wait! You think you hear something. In the distance, miles away but steady as your breathing: the unmistakeable beat of a drum.

Somewhere to the west, as if in answer to the drum, you hear the howl of a wolf. As its echo dies, another cry, from a different direction, joins in its mourning.

Perhaps it's time to see what your new friend has prepared for dinner...

Inside
Jarek, you stand in the doorway, rubbing your shoulder injured in the fall, and keep watch on the encroaching darkness while Soldath and Bizenghast raid the cupboards and shelves for food. Misha's pantry has plenty of flour, lard, spices, root vegetables and dried venison and fish on hand, and soon preparations for a hearty meal are underway. Bizenghast, you spot a cistern full of water outside, so whatever you have planned you could make into a stew if you wanted. Between that and several bottles of wine and barrels of ale that present themselves, a good evening of eating and drinking is almost guaranteed.

Flames from the hearth send shadows dancing around the room. Soldath, as you try to settle into your studies, you catch sight of some smoked trout on the counter. Caught in the nearby river, no doubt, they seems to stare at you with their salt-crusted eyes, mocking your earlier attempts to catch their living brethren. Shaking your head, you put down the spell book and decide to finish up Marion's earlier search of the cottage. You find a few scrolls: ledgers accounting for Misha's ferry business, plus some trinkets and personal effects. A shelf by the hearth includes a jar of coins, about 45 gp worth. Turning your attention to the dresser used previously to block the door, you open a drawer, and quickly fish out a few of Misha's clothes.

They look just like the rags you pulled from the river today.

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Biz: MU

Stew it is! One thing Bizenghast wants to be sure of... that there's plenty of bread! So she gets to baking!! Mmm... stew, bread, and spirits!
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kipper » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

"Wolves, we'd best be getting back inside. And I think I hear drums too, could be gobbos*. I hope Misha is alright..."

*slang for goblins
kipper

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Marion - Hobbit

Nods to Renardius, "Aye you speak in sooth. If theres one thing I've learned in 78 years of being a hobbit, it's that gobbos and drums go hand in hand."

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Soldath

He will put the cloths back and return the to the common room. I believe Misha has her demise. He looks at Bizenghast: When did you get here? We should leave a watch out tonight.

Soldath intends ro spend the night in the house and will study up on his spells. Sheet updated with spells.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Biz: MU

Bizenghast looks visibly shaken at the news, but not surprised when she heard the group found similar clothes in the river, and the wounded bear.

"I only just arrived, but there seemed to be hot coals in the fire, so I assumed she wasn't far."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 am

Athelstan - Fighter, Perry Mason

"Well, that's it then. No sign of Misha. About time to head back and fill our bellies for tomorrow's walk. And you are right - where you have drums you usually have those foul goblins. (cue the wild look in Athelstan's eyes) yeeesss... hopefully we'll come across these foes. I long for the chance to cleave through their ranks, their foul blood and detached heads littering the field... Huh? Sorry, friends. Just thinking back to my days in the 'Crushers. Ah... Where were we? Let's head back!"
badams30

Postby rredmond » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 am

Igli -excited by wild eyes

When Athelstan gets wild eyed Igli gets excited. But then a little crestfallen. "Shouldn't we at least check out their numbers?" He says unconsciously fingering his battle axe.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror