Mutant Future Themed Christmas Adventure

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Mutant Future Themed Christmas Adventure

Postby sniderman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:17 am

Collin Smith of Infocyde's RPG Blog has created and posted a Mutant Future-based Christmas adventure titled "Bad Santa." If you're looking for a mutant-fueled Yuletide romp through the wastelands, go check it out!

sniderman

Re: Mutant Future Themed Christmas Adventure

Postby seneschal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Definitely demented! Given the formidable nature of the opposition, the PCs may need more assistance than just the chief elf. :shock:

It'd be even more fun if the Santa's Village was less corrupted and actively in the process of creating and delivering Christmas gifts to all mutants and humans within travel range ... whether they wanted the presents or knew about Christmas or not. The assorted foes would still attempt to hinder the PCs, but they'd target those on the "Naughty List" first. How do you get on the Naughty List? It isn't quite clear, and it is possible to be on both the Naughty List and the Nice List at the same time. Various groups of robots have different lists, some "punishing" and others assisting the PCs, or maybe changing their minds midway through whichever they're doing at the moment.

The Grinch AI wants to "keep Christmas from coming," whatever that means now that the Santa AI is attempting to turn the Village into an army with which to coerce the surrounding population. It may help the PCs despite the fact that it is evil, since they and it have a common enemy. So ... what does that look like? Especially since Grinch isn't up against Cindy Lou Who but a military computer with a growing army of robots armed with high-tech weaponry? But since it is evil, the Grinch might betray the PCs at some point or worse. What would trigger double-dealing and what form would it take?

Another force in the situation: The Mouse King. He's a massive seven-headed mutant skilled with sword and musket who has determined not to stop Christmas but to seize it all for himself. If he succeeds he'll have access to the Santa's technology instead of just the black powder arsenal he currently has. He troops are smaller and less tough than the PCs, but there's literally a horde of them, they're extremely agile and, yes, they are in fact graceful ballet dancers.

x
seneschal

Postby MythAdvocate » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:59 pm

GLEE!
MythAdvocate

Postby Malcadon » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:47 pm

What a good Christmas-themed adventure needs is the Krampus! ;)

Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Agrippa » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:46 am

Malcadon wrote:What a good Christmas-themed adventure needs is the Krampus! ;)

Ah yes, the Krampus. Jolly old Saint Nick's evil kidnapping sidekick. I think I first learned about him was from a Very Venture Christmas.

I'm thinking about how I'd handle him in my Deathlords & Dragon-Blooded project. In folklore the Krampus an often times demonic spirit who accompanies Father Christmas at Christmas time, whipping and even abducting naughty children. That's when he wasn't whipping and groping young, beautiful and mostly virgin women. In Exalted terms he'd be a mid weight Terrestrial God. By mid weight I mean can hold his own against a 6th to 10th level party in either MF or Labyrinth Lord.
Agrippa

Postby Malcadon » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:17 am

Agrippa wrote:Ah yes, the Krampus. Jolly old Saint Nick's evil kidnapping sidekick. I think I first learned about him was from a Very Venture Christmas.

You mean "Jolly old Saint Nick's evil kidnapping, rapist sidekick."

I also learned about him the same way (although, I know some who learned of him from American Dad). As nasty as he is, I think he is just awesome!

Oh and here is an official greeting card good for the whole family: :twisted:

And this one I find cute:
(she is not impressed)
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Agrippa » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:40 pm

Well I left out the rapist part because a), everything else about the Krampus is bad enough and b) the Krampus violating Rusty Venture through his speed suit isn't exactly safe for work or general viewing.
Agrippa

Postby seneschal » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:19 pm

I first heard about Krampus/Black Peter from a book on the pagan roots of year-end celebrations. My question is, why would Saint Nicholas -- Italian pastor, Bishop of Smyrna (in what is now Turkey), and all-around defender of children and innocent young things -- tolerate such a character? Wouldn't he rather banish the brute permanently to the nether regions? After all, Nick's reputation as a friend of children (and virtuous young people) and giver of gifts began when he anonymously supplied money so that a poor man's daughters wouldn't be sold into prostitution to pay their father's debts. I'd say that with 1,500+ years of experience points, he's got more than enough mojo to kick Krampus to the curb.

Nicholas' feast day, by the way, is actually on December 6. Over the centuries his remembrance has somehow gotten mushed into the whole Christmas experience.
seneschal

Postby Agrippa » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:11 am

seneschal wrote:I first heard about Krampus/Black Peter from a book on the pagan roots of year-end celebrations. My question is, why would Saint Nicholas -- Italian pastor, Bishop of Smyrna (in what is now Turkey), and all-around defender of children and innocent young things -- tolerate such a character? Wouldn't he rather banish the brute permanently to the nether regions? After all, Nick's reputation as a friend of children (and virtuous young people) and giver of gifts began when he anonymously supplied money so that a poor man's daughters wouldn't be sold into prostitution to pay their father's debts. I'd say that with 1,500+ years of experience points, he's got more than enough mojo to kick Krampus to the curb.

Nicholas' feast day, by the way, is actually on December 6. Over the centuries his remembrance has somehow gotten mushed into the whole Christmas experience.

Yeah, well that's sometimes what you get when trying to mix pagan myths with Christianity. Frankly I prefer the idea of Saint Nicholas and the Krampus as mortal enemies, hunting each other and attempting to undo each other's works. I'm becoming rather fond of the idea of the Greek Bishop of Myra teaming up with Imi Lichtenfeld to beat the Krampus to an icory pulp, or just kill the demonic bastard outright. I kind of get the idea from this post this thread post.
Agrippa

Return to Mutant Future