Interlude in Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude in Hommlet

Postby badams30 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin smiles at Calmert's offer to accompany us. "Why yes, we'd be honored to have you join us. We are planning on departing in a day or two."

OOC: That's cool. Plus we have 24 vials of holy water to split among the party.
badams30

Postby merias » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:19 pm

greyarea wrote:+++++++ Meanwhile, at The Grove +++++++++++++++++

Effric approaches the Grove, home of Jaroo the druid. This is obviously a place of worship. The trees are neatly pruned, and the grass is well tended. A carefully placed line of bluish stones sets off the path leading to a rock cairn where flowers, nuts, berries, and garlands of leaves are placed. A small path leads beyond the shrine to a low-roofed wooden building placed under the great boughs of the central oaks of the copse. A large black bear greets Effric and a moment later, Jaroo Ashstaff appears from the structure. Effric makes his donation (how much?) and Jaroo smiles.

At the request for help he says, My son, you should know that I am troubled by your tale of the Temple regaining power. I cannot leave my flock here to assist you: there is too much work for me to do here. These are my people and I need to attend to them and protect them here if need be (the black bear howls and hugs the druid when he says this) so I cannot leave. However, I can give you something to help you on your trip.

He disappears into the building. The black bear licks Effric's hand and soon Jaroo reemerges. Healing potions have I not. However this decanter will ever provide you water on your journey. Please return it to me when you are done on your crusade: I've kept it around in case of drought, which seems not a fear this year, praise the earth. He hands Effric a Decanter of Endless Water.

ooc: Updating donation to 1000GP.

"Many thanks, Jaroo. I will care for it and return it as you wish, it will relieve some of our burden not having to carry or worry for lack of water," Effric says, petting the bear's head as he talks. He will take his leave and rejoin the others, after re-stocking on oil and rations.
merias

Postby kwll » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:41 am

OOC: can we retro-actively say that Calthas gave half of his donation to Jaroo through Effric (that would be 600gp)? About the holy water vials, how many per person would that be?
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:34 pm

kwll wrote:OOC: can we retro-actively say that Calthas gave half of his donation to Jaroo through Effric (that would be 600gp)? About the holy water vials, how many per person would that be?

Jaroo is ever thankful.

24/6=4. Four each if distributed evenly.

Meanwhile...

The party meets back up at the Inn of the Welcome Wench. Surprisingly, it's packed and there's hardly room to move. The goodwife and other servers hustle quickly to fill orders. The din is quite loud. Ostler notices you and runs to the door, greeting the party enthusiastically. Where's your friend? The one who caused the stir? People have come from all around to see the spectacle!

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4,2>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <CLW>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:52 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances at Morgan and then at Ostler and says with a shrug "I'm sorry, but after you and some others told us that he wasn't welcome and whatnot, he reluctantly left. He didn't want to cause problems. Very unfortunate, as he was a good man." Thurwin shakes his head in resignation and then tries to find a table.

OOC: Go figure. We'll see about getting a table for the group.
badams30

Postby kwll » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:28 am

Smiling at the versatility of humans, Calthas enters the inn and follows the wizard.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 pm

"Spectacle!?" Morgan exclaims, indignant. "Fr. Redmond was a man of faith, no matter how crazy that faith might have been," he adds, muttering the last part. "He wasn't some traveling freak show!"

Morgan storms over to a table, fuming, wondering if anyone, including himself, believes what he just said.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:25 am

Ostler is startled at the paladin's response and his neck turns red and splotchy. No offense intended, your sir. We just haven't had business like this since that minstrel group, the Traveling Will Berries, was through here. I'm sorry if we made him or you feel unwelcome, he continues, turning towards Thurwin, his face changing to match his neck at his obvious embarrassment. Can we offer you a free night's stay and dinner? To make amends, that is. It's on the house.

The goodwife, overhearing this exchange, approaches and says, Well, since your friend has departed, can any of you perform music or dance?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Tavin - Monk

I can play the balalaika a bit, if there is a similar instrument about.... If a similar stringed instrument is produced Tavin will sit and strum out a few songs from the eastern realms.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Effric, Druid

Effric sits idly, listening to Tavin and enjoying a meal and the company of Sly, whom he feeds morsels now and again.

ooc: So, we ready to head back?
merias

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk