2. The Asanda River

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 2. The Asanda River

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Neru and Dahn look at the crab, then at each other in horror. Tania speaks. "I have misjudged you, Eun--sir. We'll take the crab. May it serve us well. Good luck with your mission. Be sure to kill someone for me, would you?"

Zelaz gives direction to the crab as best he can. The crab looks at him for a moment, puzzled. It then looks at the children, then back to Zelaz. In a gesture that could only be described as a shrug, the crab consents, moving itself closer to the children.

The three step gingerly on to the crab's shell. "We shall meet again," Tania declares to Zelaz. "I would have your name, so that I will know who to ask for when this war is over."

Pormas, who was previously shooting dirty looks at Aristide, nods in approval of Zelaz's generosity. He produced a dusty flask, then takes a long pull.

Any other parting comments or words of advice before the little rascals shove off?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:32 am

Aristide - Thief

Aristide waves his hand at Zelaz and Pormas and says "Take it easy you two. These kids have bigger stones than most of us, I'm just givin' em' a hard time. Sheesh, we're all goners anyway, the lot of us. In the meantime, can we end kiddie time here and get moving? I'd like to stab some of these raider bad guys and get that much closer to this master fella." Aristide strolls over to Max and tosses a bit of food his way, turning to the children he says "Safe travels, brave ones. If you stop at Pramayama, tell Herman that we said hello."

Aristide sits back down, propping up his legs on some crates, looking at Max, and shaking his head.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:18 am

I am Zelaz. And I will kill many, claim what you will.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Tania the terror and her frightened minions set off for the south on their giant crab, bidding you farewell. Another two days pass without incident, until...

Day 14, Asanda River, about 150 miles upstream from the village of Pramayama, noon

A couple days pass, much as the previous days have. As you eat another lazy, tasteless midday meal, you see another vessel on the horizon, much like the one Tania and her terrible tykes were piloting, headed downstream. This one seems a little...different. You note that, although there are people aboard, the boat seems to be floating aimlessly through the water. Closing the distance, you see why.

A half dozen or so men, women and children have been chained and tied to their benches: their corpses peppered with arrows. They drift past you with hollow stares and mouths agape in screams of silent terror and pain. Pormas poles the boat up alongside the other craft. A quick examination of the bodies reveals that they've been dead less than 24 hours, possibly less than twelve.

Pormas pushes ahead as the day comes to a close. "We'll be comin' upon the ford soon enough," he announces.

Sure enough, after several miles, the river becomes increasingly shallow, and overrun with reeds as tall as men. In the fading daylight, you see smoke rising up ahead, this time on both sides of the riverbank. Occasional shouts and curses, human and otherwise, reach your ears when the wind is just right.

Aristide 44/44
--Max 19/19
Tasrem 15/15
Taranna 34/34
Zelaz 15/15
Sir Joffrey 51/51
--Zephyr 19/19
Roikos 50/50
--Peny 16/16

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Zelaz says, Let me investigate.

He pulls out his scroll and casts Invisibility, 10' radius and much of the craft disappears. Then he casts fly on himself and the pontoon reappears as the wizard takes off, scanning the area ahead.

Spells memorized: charm person x2, magic missile, web, continual light x2, lightning bolt, wall of ice, charm monster

ring of spell storing (wall of ice, charm monster, web, fireball, lightning bolt, fire shield)
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Part of the raft disappears in invisibility and you hear the mage's voice from a bit above:

I saw two groups or so. On the right bank, there were two dozen or so orc archers, kept in line by a half dozen bugbears, give or take. Sinister-side, there were a similar number of mounted human archers.

Part of me wants to choose sides and take out the orcs and such with a nice fireball and lightning. The other wants to take out both sides and let them battle it out on the fields of hell. A third wonders if we can slip by undetected with magical invisibility.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:19 pm

ROIKOS: Cleric
The Holy Warrior says to no one in particular, "For those three options, I am willing for any of them."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby saalaria » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Joffrey

"Yes I think a perfect set up for us to use some confusion - attack both sides, withdraw and let them fight each other. We can then mop up the remainder."
saalaria

Postby badams30 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:48 am

Aristide - Thief

Aristide nods toward the bank and says "I'd like to see a fireball engulfing the bank, but hey, that's just me." He points to the shallows and says "Heck, you can make me invisible, and I'd be happy to spread some cheer amongst the survivors..."

OOC: Aristide isn't particularly brave, he's just tired of being cooped up on the raft.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Taranna

I am for letting them kill each other off... she will say with a slight shrug. Better than one of us getting injured.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads