Gen Con 2012 Check-in!

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Gen Con 2012 Check-in!

Postby sniderman » Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 pm

The Labyrinth Lord Society First Annual Meet-and-Greet is on!

To be held during the Gen Con "Stink" (the annual kick-off party for the convention)
Date: Wed Aug 15
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Place: Union Station in the Grand Ballroom

There is a lot of activity going on during the Stink -- lots of folks meeting each other, swag being tossed about, pick-up games, drinking (there's a bar here), etc. We'll have a table set aside, so stop on by and introduce yourself! Tickets are available for the Stink (free), although a ticket is not required to get in. (The Stink is an "unofficial" event, though Gen Con likes to know how many people attend, hence the tickets.) Be sure to sign up when Event Registration goes live on the 20th:

https://registration.gencon.com/events/29591

And more info about the Meet-and-Greet as we approach the date!
sniderman

Postby LordPrissyPants » Wed May 30, 2012 4:28 am

I'll be there, Wed-Sunday.
LordPrissyPants

Postby sniderman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:52 am

For those attending Gen Con, look for this banner at The Stink!

sniderman

Postby kjc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I'll be there on thursday. :D
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Omote » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:59 am

I saw the banner at the Stink. Two dudes sitting next to it didn't seem to have anything to do with LL. Probably partly my fault for not inquiring about LL at that time.

~O
Omote

Postby sniderman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Omote wrote:I saw the banner at the Stink. Two dudes sitting next to it didn't seem to have anything to do with LL. Probably partly my fault for not inquiring about LL at that time.

~O

Didn't seem to have anything to do with LL? Because I wasn't wearing my viking helmet and breastplate while swinging my two-handed bastard sword? :lol: (I was wearing my Pacesetter shirt at the time, as I recall.)

I planted myself in front of the banner for two straight hours, answering a lot of questions (we had a full table of folks BSing about the system and Goblinoid during that time), talking up Lab Lord (and Mut Fut, S&S and Pacesetter), and I gave away dice, bookmarks, and swag left and right like it was a part-time gig. The other folks at the table for most of that time were Digital Orc (producer of Lab Lord modules), Justin with Field Guide to Doomsday (blog featuring all-things-Mutant-Future), and Joel Sparks (of Faster Monkey Games, producer of Lab Lord/Mut Fut product). Plus, yours truly -- a virtual Who's Who of Goblinoid / Lab Lord fans and supporters.

Sorry you missed out!
sniderman

Postby Omote » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah, I'm sorry I missed out too. Next time I will demand to discuss Labyrinth Lord!

~O
Omote

Previous

Return to Gamer Gatherings