Starting an En Garde! game

For discussion of other games.

Starting an En Garde! game

Postby gentleman john » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:13 pm

I am currently putting together a PBeM En Garde! game. For those who don't know, En Garde! is an old RPG framework created by GDW in 1975. It was originally created as a duelling system with a background to generate duels, but then developed into a semi-abstract RPG. In the game, players specify character actions across a turn of a month. The actions are then co-ordinated and the outcomes determined. Players are encouraged to develop the bare bones of their turn to create a narrative.

I'll be using the default rules, with a setting of Paris beginning in June 1625. If anyone is interested, get in touch and I'll sort something out.

If you don't have a set of the rules, I can help you create a character and get started, as well as providing relevant tables.
gentleman john

Re: Starting an En Garde! game

Postby aramis » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:05 am

What's the turn turn-around time? weekly turns?
aramis

Re: Starting an En Garde! game

Postby gentleman john » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Well, since starting the game with only three players, we are now up to November 1625. So, that's five turns in just over a month and a half. At the minute, the turns seem to be at weekly intervals - although the last turn took a week and a half due to sorting out one of the player's turns (they were 1SP off going up a SL).
gentleman john

Return to Other Games