Defiance!

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Defiance!

Postby mystaros » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Did anyone else here see Defiance?

If so, are you as interested in the possibilities of a Mutant Future campaign set in that world?
mystaros

Re: Defiance!

Postby bighara » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:29 pm

I did not see it, but any developed MF settings would be cool to see.
bighara

Postby knottyprof » Sat May 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Well, we are into four episodes now. For a SyFy produciton it is a pretty decent show. Storylines are a bit predictable. Not sure how well it will translate into a game setting (other than the video game that was released in tandem with the TV show).
knottyprof

Postby mystaros » Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Yeah, I was hoping for something less... common. It's not bad so far, and it is starting to show some promise, but I'd hoped for more weird action. So far we have only seen two monstrous things... the Wolf-Beetles in the first episode, and the Hellbugs in the third...

I think there is something in how the alien races all deal with each other thast would work in MF for how mutant races deal with one another. And the Frontier/PA look of the town works nicely. I'd just like to see more... action. And not the Castithan Bath House sort, either...
mystaros

Postby knottyprof » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Watched the latest episode last night and all I can say is ... Razor Rain.
Every round spent out in the open there is a 20% chance character gets hit with a piece of red hot metal unless a saving throw versus Death is made. If unsuccessful, the character takes 3d6 points of damage.
Vehicles and Structures have a 50% chance of being hit and taking structural damage. Combustible materials have a 50% chance of catching on fire if struck by razor rain.
These storms typically last 1d4 minutes or more depending on the debris falling down out of orbit.

I plan on using this environmental effect soon, it seems a natural fit for the mutant future.
knottyprof

Return to Mutant Future