Rearing my ugly head once again...

For discussion of other games.

Rearing my ugly head once again...

Postby Jamfke » Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 am

Hi folks. I sort of disappeared from the web for some time, and I'm still a little short on free time, but I figured I'd start poking around my old haunts once again. I dropped most of my tinkering with the 4C System, and role playing games in general after getting a new job, having another wee one, and generally doing the daddy thing in the real world. While that is only getting more and more intensive (boy just turned 5, playing Tee-ball, and daughter just about to turn 2!), I hope I can get back into playing around with some gaming material once again.

That being said, who's up for a revision of the 4C System? I've been tossing some things around in my head for a while now, and I'd like to see what other folks had in mind for the system as well. I'd like to make it a community project of sorts. A pot-luck production, where everybody gets a say in what will be added in the new core book. I've been sniffing around several other forums of late, and reading up on some ideas for rules changes for FASERIP, and I plan to incorporate some of that in the new 4C System.

So, if anyone is interested in a more complete rules set, and would like to pitch in their two cents, please do! I've finally resurrected the 4C4Ever forums (after my password got eaten during a server move), and everyone is more than welcome to come on over there to chat too. Thinking I'll make a few design changes there too.

Oh well, that's all. Have a good one!
Jamfke

Re: Rearing my ugly head once again...

Postby Blood axe » Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 am

Glad to see you! Welcome back. I love 4C! The game, not the bread crumbs & stuff.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Jamfke » Thu May 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks Blood axe!

So, my idea for the revamp is to take the original document, and comb through it to get all the tangles out. I also plan to add several elements that a lot of folks wanted to see, but that never got implemented. Things like a whole section devoted to magic, and another to assembling your headquarters. Other ideas have been bouncing around in my brain pan, but I'd like to see what other folks are wanting too.
Jamfke

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun May 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Welcome back!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Jamfke » Thu May 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:Welcome back!

Thanks!

Okay, so what does anyone think they'd like to see in a revised edition of 4C? I'm thinking of changing the Trait names to make an acronym similar to FASERIP, and setting an established list of descriptors for the Rank levels. I don't know if that would make it too much like the original MSHRPG, but I don't think it will. Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, please!

Here's my current Trait line up:

Melee
Agility
Stamina
Strength
Intellect
Vision
Ego

Yep, that spells out MASSIVE...

Kinda corny maybe?

Anywho, I'm changing the Damage Trait back to Health, because it is a common term in almost every other game on the planet, and calling it Damage in the first place sort of confused some folks.

So, there are some of my thoughts, how bout yours?
Jamfke

Postby Jamfke » Mon May 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Okay, I've had a few problems with the forums (4C4Ever) lately. Several things started falling apart after I started fiddling with the system. Fortunately, I finally have things back in order now. If anyone is still interested in the 4C System, and would like to pick up discussion on where it should go, post to this thread, and/or hop on over to 4C4Ever.com and join up (if you haven't already).

Thanks!
Jamfke

Postby seneschal » Sat May 26, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm late to the discussion, but glad to have you back. And glad the kids are well.
seneschal

Postby Jamfke » Sat May 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks!

So, any ideas on what you'd like to see in a 4C System upgrade?
Jamfke

Return to Other Games