1. The Village of Pramayama

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. The Village of Pramayama

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:52 am

connivingsumo wrote:ROIKOS: Cleric
Undetermined, the Cleric attempts Hold Person again at the same troll, "PROHIBERE VOS CREATURAE NON RESISTERE!!"

Can I assume you meant undeterred, not undetermined? ;)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:29 am

Combat round 3

Initiative: party 5, bad guys 3

Tasrem, being the quickest of the three casting spells this round, utters a seductive incantation. Suddenly, one of the trolls (T3) stops dancing, looks at the old mage, and smiles a big, offal eating grin. He takes a few steps toward the wizard, his pace quickening. Uh oh. We'll soon see if having a troll for a friend is any less dangerous than having one for an enemy.

Zelaz, seeing that T3 poses no imminent threat, redirects two of his magic missiles at the wyvern (3 hp dmg, 4 hp dmg). The beast cries out again, desperately straining against the web, the ice covering its body falling to the ground in pieces. The third magic missile knocks T1 to the ground (6 hp dmg). "I got nothing," the troll says in reply to Zelaz. Then it dies.

It appears Roikos has no hostile target for his hold person spell.

Taranna and Joffrey each step forward. They take turns plunging their swords through the web. The wyvern shudders, then slumps to the ground, dead.

The DM took a little license here, since the troll threat was quickly neutralized. Aristide would have been the first melee combatant to act, since he has the highest dexterity, but he doesn't strike me as the type who would get any closer to a wyrm than he has to. I figured the professional soldiers would have gone in, though. Man, the web spell as written is pretty powerful. It doesn't seem right that a 2nd level spell should be able to take down a large creature like a wyvern. I'll have to look into that.

Aristide 44/44
--Max 19/19
Tasrem 2/15
Taranna 24/34
Zelaz 15/15
Sir Joffrey 23/51
--Zephyr 15/19
Roikos 45/50
--Peny 14/16

The wyvern and its rider are dead. Two of the trolls are dead. One is man crushing on Tasrem.

Actions? Remember to deduct any spells used. Roikos still has use of his hold person spell.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Aristide - Thief

With a flourish, Aristide sheaths his sword and cautiously walks over to the Wyvern and its rider. Having never seen a wyvern before, he studies it, nodding his head incredulously. "Quite a beast, if I do say so myself. I wonder who and what this frozen fellow is? Apparently he and his friends do not care much for us."
As Aristide talks, he tries to find a way to search the icy rider.

OOC: Aristide doesn't know trolls, so he prob has no idea about the regenerative properties and all that.
badams30

Postby kwll » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Tasrem was about to ask the troll to go in front of him -- in order to shield him from any danger -- when he realizes that the fight is over. As tension goes down he looks at his gigantic new follower, a bit embarrassed. "And, errr... What would be your name?" he asks to him, tentatively.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:02 pm

The troll scratches his head for a moment, frowning. His eyes goes wide, then he grins. "Krug!" He exclaims.

Roikos' flamestrike did a number on Krug, too. He won't be healing himself of those burns.

Aristide quickly discovers that Tasrem's web makes it difficult for him to search the rider. He'll have to remove the web first.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Taranna

Keeping her sword out she will inspect the downed trolls to see if they are regenerating: These things can heal themselves... appear to come back from the dead when you have you back turned to them. She will say to anyone listening.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Tasrem, please ask you friend to help move his companions' bodies to the wyvern. I will take care of it from there and de-ice our rider, says Zelaz, using his Ring of Telekinesis to move T1 to the webbed wyvern. He hovers above the rest of the party, like a manager watching the factory floor. Now, once we have the bodies piled, a fireball should both free the rider and make sure the trolls don't return. Oh, and someone might want to loot the remains before I finish my incantation. It's going to get hot soon.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide glances at Zelaz and says "Yes, I'm trying to search these two, but the web seems to be impeding my way somewhat. Can you dispel this thing? And please, don't cook anyone till I can finish a proper search, eh?"
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:48 pm

The web with be burned with the rest and melt the icey prison of the last. Just stay out of the way, voleur. Focus on looting and moving the trolls, commands Zelaz.

The rider is in a block of ice and good luck looting the wyvern, they don't exactly wear backpacks. The trolls can be looted, then we need to burn the bodies. Zelaz, being who he is, would use a spell to solve both problems. :)

OOC: There are a number of low level spells that are very powerful. Sleep is regulated by not working on HD > 4. The rest are just powerful, with the expectation, I suppose, that the saving throw system will take care of the power issues. One of the things that I like about DCC is the spells get more powerful (potentially) as magic-user and cleric levels increase, which is kind of neat.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:02 am

ROIKOS: Cleric
Listens intently to Taranna, "What must we do to stop their healing?"

tumblingdice wrote:Can I assume you meant undeterred, not undetermined? ;)

In the brain, it was somewhere between 'determined' and 'undeterred'! :oops: :roll: :lol:
**Thanks for the note on his HOLD spell still being available; I was wondering if it was wasted or not. Thank you!
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads