Summoner Wars card game

For discussion of other games.

Summoner Wars card game

Postby Blood axe » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Anyone play Summoner Wars from Plaid Hat Games? I cant put up a link because im on my cell. You are a Summoner that summons troops & creatures to fight for you. The object is to defeat your opponent Summoner. Its a card game, but not collectible.
Its about $10 a deck. I think there are 16 factions. There are also reinforcement decks to add morr troops. There are mercenaries that can be used by any army.

Some of the armies are Cave goblins, Guild dwarves, Tundra orcs, Shadow elves, Cloaks, Benders,
Jungle elves, Phoenix elves, Swamp orcs, the Filth, Deep dwarves, Mountain vargath, Vanguard, Fallen Kingdom, Sand goblins, Mercenaries.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Summoner Wars card game

Postby Blood axe » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:13 am

The Filth are a bunch of devil worshipping mutants. The Fallen Kingdoms are undead. The Mountain vargath are goat & ram beastmen. The Vanguard are good knights & paladins. Cloaks are sneaks & spies. Benders deal with trickery & mind control. Mercenaries have a mix of all kinds of creatures, humans, orcs, vermin, lizardmen, bird people, etc.
Blood axe

Postby Agrippa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:04 am

I've never heard of this game before, but it seems interesting enough. I wonder what stores carry this game though.
Agrippa

Postby Blood axe » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 am

Ive seen it at a local hobby / comic shop. I think it was also at Hobbytown USA. You can order it direct from Plaid Hat Games to get exclusive bonus cards. Ive gotten cheap decks on Ebay & Bartertown. Some online Rpg stores have it at a discount as well.

I recommend either the Master Set (6 decks) or a starter box ( 2 decks).
Blood axe

Return to Other Games