3rd Edition Options?

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: 3rd Edition Options?

Postby Eldrad » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:23 am

Have a better conceived version for LL.
Eldrad

Postby dawnrazor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 am

Isn't this about an optional book a la AEC or OE? I think it's great to have those options to choose from if I want. And it would give the a LL GM the most versatile toolbox ever!

Personally, I like to play PF, but to GM it - no way. But not all was/is crap and misery with 3E/PF.

In fact, there's a great deal of nice ideas to steal for your old-school version of the game. Just tone them down and don't complicate things so much. Blood & Treasure has done it in a most successful way, and in fact I'm adding B&T stuff to my LL/AEC game all the time. But a 3E options book for LL would be a way to attract a new crew to LL.

For us open-minded GM:s a book like this would be cool. And if you don't like it - don't use it. Simple, no??
dawnrazor

Postby aspiringlich » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Eldrad wrote:Have a better conceived version for LL.

I'd be open to a barbarian race, perhaps a sub-race of human. It's treating barbarians as a class that makes no sense at all. Advancing in level as a barbarian would be like advancing in level as a Mongol or a Celt or a Turk.
aspiringlich

Postby dawnrazor » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:55 am

Don't like barbarians? Why the hate? I like them a lot (but the UA one was a tad over the top, I'll agree to that)...

Here's a cool one:
http://joeskythedungeonbrawler.wordpres ... barbarian/
dawnrazor

Postby Tywyll » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Psionics (both full and the partial classes)
Sorcerer Class
Warlock Class
Rogue Class (no...it's it and the thief are not the same class).
Very light 'talent/feat' style system (similar to ACKS proficiency)
Maybe some of the rules variations from Unearthed Arcana (like Incantations, Vitality HP, Gistalt)
High Level Monsters
'Prestige Classes' (but not like 3E did them, more like Mentzer did maybe...i.e. a one off class add on but maybe not wait till 9th level).
Magic Items (especially the various weapon and armor adds)
Tywyll

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord