Encounter Critical

For discussion of other games.

Encounter Critical

Postby YHWH » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:32 am

Anybody played an actual session of this or at least rolled up a character?

I tried making a character and man I don't recommend it without an Official Character Ability Form handy.
YHWH

Re: Encounter Critical

Postby Adapt » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:12 pm

I thought about running this a while back but I didn't think I would be able to find a group of players who were insane enough to try it out.
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby YHWH » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:10 am

Personally, I'm just the right amount of insane for this.

But I was wrong; the character sheet doesn't help. Well, it does, but not enough. It looks like such a neat little game, it's positively heartbreaking that making a character is such a pain in the ass. It's all the fault of the skill system!
YHWH

Postby seneschal » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:39 pm

I downloaded it but eventually removed it from my hard drive. There are enough good retro-clones around, why mess with one purposely designed to look like it was scribbled on crumpled notebook paper by 11-year-olds? No nostalgia here. Maybe I didn't get the joke.
seneschal

Postby YHWH » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:44 pm

It is retro but I don't think it can be considered a clone; it's different enough from D&D it doesn't even need the OGL. The art doesn't bother me, in fact it looks a lot like Edition Zero, but if the game is intentionally hard to play...that'd be bad.

I have been playing Treasures of a Slavers Kingdom and laughing my ass off.
YHWH

Return to Other Games