Adventure/Scenario/Module Suggestions Wanted!

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Adventure/Scenario/Module Suggestions Wanted!

Postby NotSoNinJa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi,

I'm running an LL game with my gaming group in April and I'm looking for recommendations for an adventure to run. I'd like something I can run with a lvl1 party because if it proves popular (which I hope it will!) the players may want to progress their characters further.

I'm primarily interested in free stuff but would also consider purchasing a PDF if it exactly matches my requirements.
NotSoNinJa

Re: Adventure/Scenario/Module Suggestions Wanted!

Postby bighara » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:11 pm

For free and old-school, take a look over at Dragonsfoot's Classic D&D resources. For low level, you might try Mr. Poag's Endless Tunnels of Enladin or the collaborative Haunted Keep. Both are easily compatible with LL.
bighara

Postby knightvision » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Shameless plug for GT1 Path of the Delver -- see my signature. :oops:
Website/blog: Knightvisiongames.com
KVG produces Labyrinth Lord adventure modules. Check out the blog and Twitter feed to stay connected.
Twitter: @kvgames
knightvision

Postby Aplus » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:17 pm

B2 of course! I have begun some work on adding my own personal touches to the module as well, and you can find the first installment here:
http://peoplethemwithmonsters.blogspot. ... obold.html

Really, there are a billion different options available for what you are looking for. Be careful though. If you are trying to sell your players on old school gaming, much of the stuff out there is location-based and minimal when it comes to detail, and requires a strong DM with good improvisational skills to really be engaging.

If you want something with a built-in story and all that kind of thing, another good option might be to get this free module from Paizo:
Hollow's Last Hope
and just use LL monster stat blocks and such. For me it's easy to convert on the fly since I'm familiar with both systems, but for some it might be viewed as too cumbersome.

It really depends on what kind of expectations your group has. For instance, my group loves tactical combat, so even when we play a B/X-style game, we use minis and add a few 3.5-type rules to the combats.

Hope that was at least somewhat helpful.
people them with monsters of various horrid aspect
Aplus

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:31 pm

The most popular download on my website is Goblin Gully, a level 1 adventure with a big surprise at the end that teaches an important lesson to people coming to the game from DMs that believed in only providing balanced encounters. (This isn't something I blame on any particular edition of the source game, but is a definite clash of gaming styles).

It's a short enough adventure that it can be handled in a single session, uses a non-traditional map and very traditional villains. And there's a backstory waiting there if you dig around too.

I've also got the Tomb of Durahn Oakenshield, which is level one and won an honourable mention in the 2009 One Page Dungeon contest as "best introductory one-shot".

Both were written for B/X D&D, which basically means LL.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby NotSoNinJa » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks for the replies guys, awesome stuff!

I've got Hollow's Last Hope which I always intended to run for 3.5, it hadn't occurred to me to convert it (or that conversion would be so simple) so thanks for that. I have a copy of Keep On The Borderlands too and that was one of my first thoughts to run so the additional material is very welcome.

I'm also looking for artwork (royalty free/public domain) that I can use on the pages of our group's website to advertise the sessions . Any suggestions gratefully received.

Plenty to look at and download, thanks again!
NotSoNinJa

Postby knightvision » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Website/blog: Knightvisiongames.com
KVG produces Labyrinth Lord adventure modules. Check out the blog and Twitter feed to stay connected.
Twitter: @kvgames
knightvision

Postby Vlark » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Why, both Nashka's Lair and Temple of the Ghoul are perfect for 1st level parties! You can grab them both from my website, in my sig. Nashka's Lair is stated for BECMI and ToG is stated for OSRIC, but it's easy enough to convert to LL.
Vlark

Postby rredmond » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Vlark wrote:Why, both Nashka's Lair and Temple of the Ghoul are perfect for 1st level parties! You can grab them both from my website, in my sig. Nashka's Lair is stated for BECMI and ToG is stated for OSRIC, but it's easy enough to convert to LL.

These both read like they'd be fantastic to play.

Also there's Blake's Deep Level Dungeons for LL which are fantastic and don't need a long time to play.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby jasmith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Paul Fini's The Outpost at the Edge of the Far Reaches is available as a free download:

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/the-outpost-on-the-edge-of-the-far-reaches-download/4616289

Good stuff!
jasmith

Next

Return to Labyrinth Lord