Interlude in Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude in Hommlet

Postby kjc » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:45 pm

merias wrote:Effric will take a sip of the red potion.

ooc: Just the green one left, kjc you got this...

ooc: FYI this is a running joke between me, merias, and greyarea.

Caydon - Rogue
Caydon toys with the green potion as the others converse with Burne. After a tentative sniff, he takes an even more tentative sip. :?
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Cayman takes a tentative sip of the green potion. It tastes of brine and he begins to look green as the sea-green of the bottle. Suddenly he cannot breathe, like a fish out of water. Effric notes the gills that have sprung up on the thief's neck, which quickly recede. Caydan can breathe again and he takes a deep one, his natural color returning to his face. (Potion of Water Breathing)
greyarea

Postby kwll » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:16 am

Calthas ponders: "Interesting. What was this collection of magic potion doing in that temple?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby J.L. Duncan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:24 pm

greyarea wrote:There is a money changer and jeweler not far from the Church of St Cuthbert and a trader across the way from it.

Pax spits on the ruby ring-giving it a good cleaning. Addressing the party:

"We can take this to the trader. As well as spilt up the spoils we get for it."

Pax Addresses Burne and Rufus.

"We are looking to resupply before heading on. Might you suggest a good weapons shop?"
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby greyarea » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Weapons shop? Burne replies with a smirk. Rufus is also obviously amused. Well, I can tell you to avoid the blacksmith for weapons and armor. He's great if you need a ploughshare or your horse reshod, but not much of a weapons man. He's a bit too "of the wood" for that, if you know what I mean.

The trader across from the moneychanger's would have some weapons, but he charges more than we've ever seen in the big city. I don't trust em one bit. You'd be better off waiting for a caravan to come through, tho one just left and we shouldn't get a new one for weeks. Anyway, the trader will do in a pinch, just don't expect a bargain.
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:10 am

Burne and Rufus wish the party good luck and say that they will take the items to the council and to "let us know what else you find down under the Temple." With that they disappear back into their tower.

The party heads to where they were told the moneychanger's is. The day is crisp and bright, and a few crows caw in the distance. Some locals point and give you wide berth on the road. Finally you come to the building. The sign displays three yellow balls; this must be the moneychanger's. A guard in chain mail stands by the door, wearing a sword and cradling a light crossbow in his arms, with a quarrel ready. Two large dogs are sniffing in your direction.

Entering the building, the dogs sniff as you pass, you find a room with a man and a table, with scales, ledgers, and a display case of jewels and gems. The man rises as you enter, smiling. Name's Nira Melubb, he says with a smile, shaking each of your hands if you let him. You must be the adventurers who made such a stir at the Wench last night. heh. You might want to stop by The Grove or Cuthbert's to make amends. By morning there was talk of sacrificed chickens, crossed bones wearing hats, and curses. Typical uneducated claptrap for sure, but making amends with the local holy folk might help your reputation in town.

Anyway, as you can guess, I'm a jeweler and moneychanger. My rates are fair. Money changing for 10% of the value. Jewelry is fairly priced and I can make anything you like for a fair price for my labor and skill.

FYI, those of you from larger towns agree that the prices are fair, as far as you know, and even more fair than some you've heard of.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby J.L. Duncan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 am

Pax, puts the ruby ring on the table. Squinting at the master of coin.

"What say-ye coin master, the value of this here ring!"

OoC: Guys, what else we got just the silver pieces?
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:34 am

He holds the ring up close, examining it with one eye. He takes out a lens and looks at the ring through that. He wipes it thoroughly and looks again. Then he gives a low whistle.

That there's worth more than 3500 gold. 4000 to a good buyer. Too rich for my blood but a nice piece nonetheless. I'd buy it from you if I could. He hands the ring back.
greyarea

Postby kwll » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:50 am

Even though he did not show any interest in the transaction, Calthas can't help but snark: "That was to be expected..."
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:18 am

Thurwin - Wizard

PP: 103
GP: 386
EP: 477
SP: 786
CP: 719

Misc Gear, etc:
Short sword with Topaz pommel worth 500GP
4 bolts of silk worth 10-60GP
Silver box worth 125GP
Jeweled dagger worth 250GP
Jeweled necklace worth 2400GP
3 shields, long sword, 2 Spears, Short sword
6 in tall ivory statuette (value unknown)
6 sets chain armor, 6 shields, 6 longswords, 6 crossbows
Necklace w/ Bronze disk with triangle symbol on it worth 20GP
Chain worth 7000GP set with 3 small rubies worth 1000GP each
Ruby ring worth 4000GP
Brooch w/ Carnelian cameo coat of arms of Veluna quartered by Knights of the Heart worth 800GP

That's what we've got.

Thurwin smiles at the moneychanger and says "Thank you, good sir. We have some items of lesser value that might be of interest to you, if you'd care to see them." Thurwin can pull out and and all of the items above to show him. We need to get rid of this stuff as much as possible, I know he prob can't do the weapons, but the rest? Maybe. Looks like we'll be holding the necklace and ring... perhaps we could see if he has a vault or something that we could store the ring and necklace in?
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk