The Tomb of Horrors

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Tomb of Horrors

Postby greyarea » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 pm

tumblingdice wrote:OC: Did the bison fall into a pit? Walk into a doorway and now cannot back out? I'm confused.

I guess I didn't make that clear. The buffalo walking the hill with Castinus fell partly into a hole which revealed a tunnel leading into the hillside. Like so:

Although the hill isn't as steep as the image suggests, the buffalo more brown than black, the Castinus more confused and less stick-figureish. Let's call it an approximation.

Now that my Photoshopping skills are exhausted, I hope that is clearer.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes chuckles and says "See? I told you ol' tasty would find the hole. Now while he's stuck, let's toss some wood under him and cook him up!"

OOC: Whatever. Good having a bison. Too bad we can't lead him around, sort of like a war dog. It'd be our War Bison. Just a thought. Think how our enemies would flee in fear of having the Halfling on the edge on his war bison.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:51 pm

This picture reminds me of Loderunner. I dug a hole with my shovel, the bison fell in, and now he's going to get out and continue chasing me. Better grab the rest of those packages and find the ladder that leads to the top of the screen. :)

Meanwhile, back in this game, Castinus will help the creature out of the doorway. Having done so, he'll check the opening for traps.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Moving the buffalo out of the way takes a bit of work, as it's hind legs are dangling in the entrance, but is free in a minute or two. You finally get him out and see the passage that has been revealed. Some more work and the overgrown areas are pulled aside: chunks of sod, bits of hedges, and lots of underbrush are cleared. The beast lows for a few more minutes before disappearing. Castinus feels the Bag of Tricks move as if something is in it for a moment, then is still.

In the dying light, the passageway is dark and foreboding. The corridor is of plain stone, roughly worked, and full of cobwebs. The roof is at least 20' overhead, obscured by the homes of spiders long past. The reddish hue of the sinking sun is sufficient to reveal that there is a pair of oaken doors at the end of the passageway, a mere 30' away from the entrance. The corridor smells of new earth.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 44/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 27/27 < Magic Missile, Sleep, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud, Fireball, Hold Person >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious wounds >
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 22/22 < Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility, Fireball >
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Castinus feels the bag in amazement, then puts it back on his belt. He looks up into the darkness and cobwebs above him. "Let's get some light in here," he says. He'll tap his sword on the stone floor while he's waiting, looking for traps.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will use his staff to generate light for everyone. Taking a look: Looks like the place... inviting.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Castinus find traps [1d100] = 2
Castinus finds no traps leading to the door.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes follows cautiously and quietly, Wave ready.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Castinus Castinus find traps [1d100] = 29 feels that the doors are somehow wrong... :shock:
greyarea

Postby Craigers07 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk waits to see if Castinus wants to continue investigating the doors or try another entrance.
Craigers07

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain