Skull Mountain Redux

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain Redux

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Grimes, being a halfling of very little brain, decides to stick his most valued possession into the mouth of the bas-relief face. The jaws promptly clamp down and, like a bull dog, refuse to open again. Grimes pulls and pulls but Wave is stuck in the maw of the rocky face. The gem remains within.

Dieter and Dandy follow the side passage, because splitting the party always works well. They peer into a small cave-perhaps 20' or so by 30' in length. Its walls and floor are covered with streaks and blotches. There seems to be no exit.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Speak With Animals, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, CSW, create food and water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < magic missile x2, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, slow, Evard's black tentacles, arcane eye >
--Acquaire

Will our party lose both spell casters in the first few moments of the Lost Caves? Will Grimes lose his item of great power forever? Tune in next time...
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Dieter - Mage

Let's get the others before moving off on our own. If there are dragons protecting this place I can't even guess what lies inside. Dieter will move back toward the main group.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:57 pm

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

Dandy, being quite dumb but wise, decides to follow back to the others.

When he sees the predicament Grimes has gotten himself into, he chuckles.

"Ye be needin' some help there, eh Grimes?"

Dandy lends his strength to the effort, failing that he'll dispel magic, and failing that, remove curse.

ooc: Something has to work, I hope...
Last edited by merias on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merias

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Grimes - Fighter

It takes a moment before Wave's situation sinks in to Grimes. His impassive face contorts into one of anger and boiling rage. "I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU ALREADY! OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND LET MY STICK GO, OPENNNN UPPPPP! OR I'M GONNA HAVE MY MAN BASH YOU WITH HIS HAMMER! OPEN UP! NOW!" Grimes will punch the nose of the stone face, preferring to let stupid action take the place of thinking this one out.

OOC: Yeah, didn't see that coming. Oops.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:01 pm

Dieter - Mage

Heh, heh... be thankful that was not your hand. How to get it to release.....
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:42 am

It seems the harder it's yanked, the harder the face bites down. Grimes curses (gosh that isn't polite) and Dandy comes to assist. Like a sword in a stone, neither can get the fishing fork out. Dandy casts two spells, neither of which dispel the face's grip.

Dieter thinks hard. Castinus and Furuk look bemused. Acquaire tells Grimes that he isn't being nice...

Actions?

Grimes 46/46
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Speak With Animals, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, CSW, create food and water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < magic missile x2, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, slow, Evard's black tentacles, arcane eye >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:15 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes scratches his head and says in a calm tone "I didn't think that would happen. Hmm." He closes his eyes and says a quick prayer to Poseidon for some guidance here. He says to Dandy "You suppose that hammer of yours would do somethin' to this?

Grimes sighs and shakes his head. He glances at Acquire and says "I get it. Not being nice. Sheesh. I just want to fix this crap and get you home and the world back to normal. I'm not a thinking guy, I fight bad guys." He sighs again and in a desperate voice he says "C'mon mouth, you can keep your damn gem, just open up and gimme my trident." He shakes his head and says with an air of resignation "I did it now... sorry guys."

Grimes plops to a seat, sulking by himself...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Dieter - Mage

Please, open. He will say to the face containing the trident. Open sesame? He will reach out and tickle the faces nose.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:28 pm

When the mage says, Please, open., the face opens its mouth and sticks out its tongue with an AHHHHH. The gem sits on the tongue like a throat losenge with the trident hanging off the end like a lollipop. It lets both gem and weapon be removed before drawing its tongue back into its mouth.

The handle of Wave has teeth indentations that slowly fade as the magical fork heals itself.

Actions?

Grimes 46/46
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Speak With Animals, Hold Person, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15', CSW, create food and water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:35 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes glances at Dieter, then back at Wave, and he snatches Wave from the jaws, trying subtly to knock the gem off the tongue as he does so.

"Deets, is there anything you can't do?" Grimes produces a rag and begins to lovingly buff Wave out mumbling apologies to his weapon under his breath. Grimes nods, satisfied that Wave is okay and then he says in a low tone "Okay, no more silly business. I promise I'll, uh... think uh, a bit before I act. I promise. Heh..." He gathers his stuff and prepares to move out with the others. "I say we start at either the far left or far right.

Grimes' curiosity gets the best of him and with the best studious voice he can muster, he points an accusing finger at the mouth that held Wave and he says "Which tunnel is the right one to take, oh' mouth of grippy teeth?" He turns and winks at the others, satisfied with his ridiculous display.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain