OOC Conversations

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: OOC Conversations

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:24 am

kjc wrote:Aw krapp! I just noticed connivingsumo's character is named DAK and mine is DRAKK, I will need to change my name :oops:

:lol: - I wouldn't worry about it... Dak & Drakk, Drakk & Dak - not too bad.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:05 am

I will teach Dak to sign his own name, in runes

Perhaps it would be best to tattoo it on his left arm so he can write it with his right...or vice versa :)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 pm

I was just taking a closer look at Dak's picture, and I must say... George Clooney he is not. We may want to purchase some skin creams and other beauty products for this cat. But don't tell him I said that. He is rather large and imposing.
badams30

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 pm

I really like his look. That is a proper half orc face...be proud of your face :)

The group is turning out to be a band of interesting looks...

surly human cleric
pristine paladin
FOAMCL (face only a mother could love) half-orc fighter
forest dandy elf
emo (not the insult aspect, just the look) half-elf
ryu with a giant sword

Together we would look like a hot mess lol.

I do appreciate it when people find an image that appeals or meets their vision of a given character/monster/place/etc. The mental and/or creative process is fun to consider.

Did I pick a real world person, from a movie, because I saw this character as down to Earth or just because I liked it?

I can only speak for myself, and please do not be offended if my two or three words did not meet your expectations as I meant no insult at all...just talking here :)

For me, I found a picture to match my character after I made him.

I specifically sought out this look from a memory link to this leathery, imposing, brooding guy from a movie...picked a specific pose from a handful of options.

For me, a picture sends a message and says more than what is written on my character sheet.

I know that options are a bit more difficult for some characters...but just as an experiment, I wonder if everyone plucked a picture from a live action movie to represent their character...what would we see?

I know that there is a chance that a provided picture may have been a favorite that you might have built the character around...again, no insult at all...just carrying on a conversation that is all :)

I will take a shot at it give you an idea of where I am going with this exercise...

Nahin Kryellyoon

Elrohir (goes by Rory) Cúthalion

Marcus Epictitus (I took a guess with this one)

Dak
tough to find on short notice :)

Han Overfist

Jayce Barcel

A real person, even in make up, paints a strong picture especially when a movie or related can be associated to the same.

Just a thought, have a good one all!
Last edited by Atomic Ray on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Okay, I think we are getting close. I've sent PMs regarding your characters, extra "stuff" and some background tidbits. Add/edit/incorporate as you need to, and update your characters.
Once you have updated your character and are ready to go, please reply in this thread with a "I'm ready to start" post. Once I have confirmations from everyone, we'll rock and roll.

A couple housekeeping things we hadn't all agreed on, but here's my take. If you have an issue with this, just PM me or let me know:

I'll handle the die rolling for combat, damage, etc. That should keep things moving.

We'll shoot for daily posting, but life sometimes intervenes, in that case, if the action is moving along, and we haven't heard from you in over a day, I will NPC your character for that action. I will do so in a relatively conservative way, and trying to keep in line with your character's style and how you've played them.

When you declare your actions, especially attacking, please include your modifiers with the post. For instance, "I am going to swing my +1 shortsword at the little old man, I am +1 to hit, +2 to damage." It makes it a bit easier for me, and will make things move more quickly.

If you have a private action or something that just can't be handled on regular posting, fine - PM me. If we have action that requires me to inform you of something that we can't discuss in front of the rest of the party, then I'll PM you. I'm not a huge fan of PM heavy PbP gaming, as it slows things down, and in one game i'm in now, the poor GM did a long bit where he was PM'ing three groups and trying to coordinate all of that plus the goings-on of the adventure. That's burnout city.
Not trying to be lazy, but I think if at all possible, let's handle actions on the board whenever possible. If we have to do PMs, that's cool, we just don't want to go crazy with it.

Okay, I think that's it. Time to make your last minute prep, update your sheets, and let me know you are ready to go. And no - Connivingsumo, you can't have a pet Gold Dragon....

Thanks.
Brandon
badams30

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Ik ben bereid te beginnen!

― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm ready to start.

Psst, Conniving, ask for a pet firedrake.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 pm

I think I'm good to go!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 pm

connivingsumo wrote:
kjc wrote:Aw krapp! I just noticed connivingsumo's character is named DAK and mine is DRAKK, I will need to change my name :oops:

:lol: - I wouldn't worry about it... Dak & Drakk, Drakk & Dak - not too bad.

Hey connivingsumo-Thanks for the support, but to avoid confusion I decided that family and childhood friends call him "DRAKK", now that he is out to prove himself in the world he goes by "Jayce".

To all the rest of you here who harassed the newbie with mockery and ridicule...one dark night when "Jayce" is on watch...and the rest of you are sleeping peacfully...
Last edited by kjc on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby kjc » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:53 pm

I am ready to go!

@badams30: I added the freebies to my character (thanks for the pet Gold Dragon! ;) ) I am using nearly all of your background ideas combined with the ones I sent you. So, although I haven't posted my completed background, there are no surprises for you. Reporting for duty in the Daggerford militia!
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure