Bissel

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Bissel

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes nods at the man questioning him. "Yes, I am Grimes Stoutfoot - Champion of Poseidon. My colleagues and I plucked Wave and the other items you mention from the lair of that scumbag Keraptis. We just got done bashing the Lich Acrerak into dust as well. We came here to assist a friend to get back to the ocean and to get some food." Grimes chuckles and says with bluster "Chaos beatin' law? Demons? Devils? False gods? Bad guys and no sun? Smashing some heart of Shakak-alaka or whatever? Sounds like a plan. I can't speak for my boys here, but I'll sign up to smash anyone or anything."

Grimes smiles, and taps Wave impatiently on the floor, winking at the man who questioned him.

OOC: Grimes will shut up now. He just wanted to be a badass for two minutes.
badams30

Postby merias » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

Dandy gives a nod to the priestess of Belenus. He raises Whelm.

"And here be Whelm, as me friend Grimes said, we're at yer service 'n ready to help. Where might we find this Heart of Shakak?"
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:32 am

Dieter - Mage

Yes, sounds like times of strife... what is the Heart of Shakak?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:46 am

"Blackrazor is lost," Castinus announces curtly. He looks at Leea with pain and longing.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:26 am

Leea covers her mouth and steps back upon hearing Castinus' report. O no, Blackrazor lost. She looks at the others who all seem uncomfortable.

Zissou speaks, If Blackrazor is lost then perhaps the Heart cannot be destroyed. However, it must be attempted. They have Trident of the Seas and the Hammer of Overwhelming Might: it may be enough.

To answer your question, the Heart of Shakak is an artifact of great power. It is said to be a giant jewel that projects the most intense cold. It is of special significance to Shakak.
He looks at you and sees no understanding.

Shakak is the spirit of winter and is as dark and evil of the Chaotic Lords there is. He brings the heat death of all of creation: the ultimate end of all life and Law.

Suddenly you recall, in the room with the flying brains in the pyramid in limbo through the never...

greyarea wrote:The death of the grell might have triggered it, but its impossible to know. It's like the whole room is an astrolabe, as if you are within an arnillary sphere or orrery.

The stars and their planets swim around the room. Many of the stars give off some heat, but some are cold, their light never warming. Some are cold as if cooling the area around them, like an ice-cube.

Zissou continues, It is said that the destruction of the Heart of Shakak will break his power. We can only hope.

Legend also says that the Heart is near this place, which, as you know, is a location of mystic energy: hence a small fishing village attracts mages and clerics of all stripes. We believe it is in the THE LOST CAVERNS OF TSOJCANTH, tho the exact location of the Caverns is unknown. We believe that they are located somewhere in the mountains northeast of us here.

Lee breaks in: We have sent expeditions into the Yatil Mountains seeking the exact location of the caverns; we have lost touch with all of them.

We hope you can succeed where they have failed.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/46
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < remove curse, lightning bolt, continual light, auditory illusion, magic missile x2, floating disc >
--Dandy 33/33 < CLW x6, Hold Person, Find Traps, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Exorcise >
Castinus 34/34
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:45 am

Dieter - Mage

Hmmm.... seems we are in deeper than expected already. Like my friends here I will also take on this quest.
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:12 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk recalls the time in the pyramid and turns his attention to Zissou.

"What role do our weapons serve in this and are you positive that the Heart can be destroyed?"
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:40 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes stands by, letting the smart people talk. He just punctuates the conversation with stern looks.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Zissou looks at the Furuk the fighter. I am not certain that the Heart can be destroyed. We can only guess at that although our guess is as educated as they come.

As to the weapons, if the Heart can be destroyed, it would be with those. You see, Wave is the Trident of the God of the Seas. The mighty Whelm is the hammer forged by the dwarven brothers Sindri and Brokkr and is a weapon of dieties. Blackrazor, the stealer of souls, is the sword of the demigod Kullervo. These are all weapons of the divine and only those chosen can wield them. They were hidden and now are found, although it seems one is again lost.

If anything can shatter the Heart of Shakak, it is those. Tho without mighty Blackrazor, I'm not sure we have hope.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Dieter - Mage

I might add... Blackrazor was recovered by us but proved to be of evil intent. Looking at Castinus for a moment. It caused harm to the member of our party that attempted to wield it. We left the sword in what I can only explain as an in between place... this place eventually led us here.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain